House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bedsprings

Anecdotal - Selling A 1 Bed. Flat In Kensington

I was talking to someone the other night who's been trying to sell his 1 bed. flat in Kensington for nearly 2 years.

They are now on their 6th buyer - all previous ones have gone as far as having a survey done - nothing wrong, but the buyer (mostly, but no always) a FTB, has pulled out. They are hoping to exchange with no. 6 after Christmas...

I was talking to someone the other night who's been trying to sell his 1 bed. flat in Kensington for nearly 2 years.

They are now on their 6th buyer - all previous ones have gone as far as having a survey done - nothing wrong, but the buyer (mostly, but no always) a FTB, has pulled out. They are hoping to exchange with no. 6 after Christmas...

How much are they prepared to sell for? Where is it exactly?

"trying to sell his 1 bed flat ... for nearly 2 years": That's not really trying to sell is it? I don't really consider a property that is "on the market" for the ludicrously long period of 2 years to actually be "on the market" at all. It's no more on the market than my car would be on the market if I asked for offers over 1 million for a 5 year old Ford Focus.

Obviously the price is just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. If the price was anywhere near realistic, then somebody would have bought it by now.

Surveys - nothing wrong?

Nah doesn't sound that way to me. It might only be minor things but they've put lots of people off.

Totally agree. Little things can add up to thousands. If the "little things" cost 6K to repair, I would be very reluctant to go ahead with the deal without 6K off. If the seller thinks it is "worth it" at the offer price then they are being unrealistic.

It's no more on the market than my car would be on the market if I asked for offers over 1 million for a 5 year old Ford Focus.

but then you could if you had all television companies telling people that a 14 year old sierra is worth a 'bargain 800k'. the government stopped building new cars since 1992 and investors bought ever other car up at auction via cheap loans.

then yes - that would be a bargain car. ripe for restoration to sell for a 'profit'

then yes - that would be a bargain car. ripe for restoration to sell for a 'profit'

Hey. I've got one of them. Paid 500, reckon its worth 5000 with a bit of paint and a leather sofa sorry, driving seat.

well i saw on 'cars under the hammer' a bargain 18 year old morris ital which was bought by investors.

they laminated the interior boot area. blacked the tyres with some paint. fitted a new granite gearstick knob and floor matted the interior throughout in halfords black carpet and rented it to a professional taxi firm.

they have a string of investment cars.

-news today.

the government announced a new plan for first time car buyers. its a half purchase of a motorcycle.

i was looking at buying one of those group 4 prisoner transfer vans and parking it at the docks. id put a brown vinyl folding bed in each cubicle. replace the black window with 'smoked glass' and a contemporary ceiling spotlight and dimmer. id rent them for £750 pcm and also offer a fully equiped gym in a steel cargo container next door.

now thats uber apartment city docklands lifetyle living.

(which is EA code for convincing idiots that living in a cell block sized warehouse pad fit for prisoners is a lifestyle choice and worth 8 times your annual wage)

Edited by right_freds_dead