House Price Crash Forum

Speed Limit To Be Enforced On M1

Frank Hovis

HOLA441
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Had a very scary blowout on the M62 doing exactly this. Not trying to hit anyone behind me, just a loss of concentration in the outside lane.

Were you going to Yorkshire, or the wrong way? :blink:

HOLA443

Similarly, only 526 people were murdered in England and Wales last year.http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/ampp3d/bedfordshire-murder-capital-britain-see-5190085Hardly worth bothering about in the grand scheme of things really. And many of the victims will have been criminals anyway; etc. etc. etc.... but I suspect that's going to be different for some reason.

It's about proportionality though isn't it.

Are you suggesting we need to introduce evening curfews for our own safety?

I can't think we really do anything proactively to prevent murder in this country, other than investigate it very thoughly once it has occurred in order to bring people to justice.

[edit to add: presumed from the tone of your post that your response was sarcastic.. If not please ignore]

HOLA444

UK motorways are pretty safe compared to some parts of the world. It's probably the B-road ar$eholes I am more scared of.

I expect in the South West and East Midlands this is still a problem. In the rest of the UK I think a/b road drivers are a lot safer.. mainly because there is always some dual carriageway coming up somewhere so no need for frustrated and ill considered overtaking manoeuvres any more.

HOLA445

Similarly, only 526 people were murdered in England and Wales last year.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/ampp3d/bedfordshire-murder-capital-britain-see-5190085

Hardly worth bothering about in the grand scheme of things really. And many of the victims will have been criminals anyway; etc. etc. etc.

If someone dies in a crash it's worth investigating and prosecuting whoever is responsible, just like it is for murder. It is not worth wrapping everything up in cotton wool in an attempt to prevent - just like murder. Which is why I get so p***** off over all the over-the-top paranoid intrusive anti-terrorist drivel they trot out all the time. Both problems are small enough that any attempt to prevent (or even make prosecution more likely) with even the tiniest downside isn't something I won't get annoyed about, and view its promoters with contempt.

Archived