House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Converted Lurker

The Chancellor's Pre-budget Report - What It Means For First Time Buyers

Good stuff, FTB can only benifit from things like shared ownership and key worker grants.

Translation:

Shared ownership is a nonsense. It is better to reestablish MIRAS to give workers back a level playing field vs BTLers and thier tax breaks.

Key worker grants: Keyworkers - i.e. Unionised workers - get subsidies while non unionised workers get shafted twice over.

The only answer is to unionise to take your rightful part back of the 'wealth transfer effect' as the chief economist of the BOE calls this process.

Good stuff, FTB can only benifit from things like shared ownership and key worker grants.

You`re joking right? :o any and all of these schemes will inevitably support a market that is in need of a correction, they are peddled by the naive and unexperienced. <_<

imagine how much cost and admin and effort it will be to build and monitor these half buys, when all he needs to do is put a very high tax on 2nd home purchase duty.

its clear they love this bubble.

that is very clear indeed.

You`re joking right? :o any and all of these schemes will inevitably support a market that is in need of a correction, they are peddled by the naive and unexperienced. <_<

Probably not. The inability to spell is a classic 'bull' giveaway!

(why can't they spell?)

(why can't they spell?)

I can`t imagine how any ftb could think these various schemes are of help, don`t borrow of Mum and Pop or raid Granny`s savings or get her to guarantor your purchase, kick the vendor in the nuts, in fact go out there and give them all a good kicking until you get the deal you want. If you can`t then simply keep your hands in your pockets.

Buying with strangers? Reality TV deseves this, it`s found the right level.

Gifted deposits? The lending side of the industry looked the other way whilst times were good, lots of S.H.I.T. to hit the fan in the new year.

Key worker schemes on a Redrow style debut range development? Crazy, the cost per sq. foot renders them useless in terms of value.

The industry needs less complication not more. Where are we headed, somewhere akin to picking a mobile phone contract? :angry:

(why can't they spell?)

They can't all be functionally illiterate; it's too much of a coincidence.

Fewer bulls than we think, perhaps? <_<

Edited by Europa

Guest Bart of Darkness

I've noticed many matching, repeat, unique spelling mistake identifiers across many of the "newbie" faux-humble posters who agree with HPC but just have one little "question", which then pans out as a snide remark.

I won't say what they are, or I'll stop being able to spot the same guy logging in endlessly as a supposed avalanche of new people who all think HPC is wrong, but want to spend their days here baiting. I enjoy his posts. :P

I know the "people" you mean. Ever so 'umble. Yes, "they" agree with us, they really do, but like Colombo, there's "just one thing" they have to bring up.

Rather than shared ownership, why not massive concrete pre-fabs for the growing number of people priced out of the housing market? They could be built as high rises to minimize land use and be owned by local authorities who will collect rent based on ability to pay. In other words a return to the good 'ol days of council houses, massive government subsidies, higher taxes to pay for it all . . . .

Well done Mr. Brown your policies have impoverished an entire generation and threatened the future prosperity of the nation!

The only relief from such a depressing future can be found here, the statements contained therein sum up how most of us feel about the situation:

http://www.devilducky.com/media/26599

Beyond whether our poster is a faux humble newbie or not, why oh why oh why would I want to buy a house with the bank and the government, invest my effort and love in doing it up and making it a home and increasing its value (I take it that if the damp proofing needed redoing, or it needed a lick of paint when I moved in, or before sale, I would have to carry the cost), only to find that at the point of sale, the bank and the government profit from my hard labour and extra financial input to make a profit on their share? Now all those people that moan about communism, you usually bore me to death. Me I moan about capitalism...

...but in this case its a capitalist/communist conspiracy :ph34r:

Shared Ownership Mortgages

Most on this forum will laugh this shared ownership off. I think it’s a significant threat.

A colleague at work has shared ownership with a housing association.

My cousin has shared ownership with his council.

And they're just the ones I know of.

We got to keep an eye on this!

The chancellor plans on having 300,000 people take up these schemes.