House Price Crash Forum

Rep. Ireland To Decriminalise Heroin, Cannabis & Cocaine For Personal Use

OnionTerror

HOLA441

Is it because of the drugs or because of the need to get money to pay for the drugs? I suspect the latter.

Indeed. The robbery is essential! :(

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Alcohol certainly leads to a lot of fights but the really nasty crimes are done by people on drugs who have lost the normal social restraints in the same way that mad people have.

Figure 1 illustrates little variation in the annual number of alcohol fuelled violent crimes in England and Wales over the past decade. Between 2001/02 and 2006/07, there were roughly just over a million alcohol-related violent crimes committed every year, peaking in 2003/04 at 1.3m, or 51% of all violent crimes. Since then, the annual figure has dipped slightly under the million mark, but alcohol still accounts for over 40% of all violent crimes committed.

http://www.ias.org.uk/Alcohol-knowledge-centre/Crime-and-social-impacts/Factsheets/UK-alcohol-related-crime-statistics.aspx

really nasty crimes are done by people on drugs

I think that`s a little bit of a wide brush stroke ,if you were talking about petty crime theft and robbery i would agree with a wide brush stroke

Without a doubt some nasty crimes are committed when under the influence of drugs just like they are committed by the mentally ill or those under the influence of alcohol

Just about all mind altering substances will eventually lead to psychological problems if used to excesses ..it`s all about moderation whether it be cocaine or alcohol or anything else

The one thing this government is doing right IMO is trying to crack down on the legal highs, methadrone is a massive problem now and from what i have been reliably told (and i also see the damage on a daily basis ) it`s psychological/social and physical effects are far worse than any of the illegal stuff

HOLA443

I've mentioned on a previous thread a while ago that Police Officers I've spoken to have consistently said that they experience more problems with people who have drunk alcohol to excess than those stoned. They agree that petty crime related to addicts trying to raise money for their fixes is high and for that reason, if no other, have generally expressed the opinion that if drug taking was not illegal the price would fall and so in consequence would a lot of petty offences.

The excessive violence may be because of turf wars between the dealers, who may not be drug addicts themselves.

Have you seen the talks by Doug Lisle about the limbic system. This explains the psychological reasons why drug taking can occur. Basically most life on our planet is biologically programmed to seek pleasure, avoid pain and conserve energy. Drug taking is a harmful short cut. It also explains the obesity epidemic. The puzzle is why some people are susceptible to these short cuts whilst others avoid them.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Archived