House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trampa501

A 21 Year Odyssey Is Over

A magnificent achievement. i'm sure my liver would have given out long before then. "Mags has been to 972 Wetherspoon's and - in every sense - counting."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34440109

She has, of course, been to this one before - the Shakespeare's Head in London. She can't remember when. After a while, they start to look the same.

I am actually a fan of the Wetherspoons' model, but I lack the dedication to do something like this.

I actually tried to visit every Youngs pub but failed. If you did them all you got a free pin of beer and a t-shirt.

I've thought that they would benefit from some reward scheme, get stamps from 20 Spoons you get a t-shirt.

Fair play to the lady, joining in hen parties she sounds a right laugh.

Of course in 1994 she looked like this, before 972 poor quality lagers and the odd toad in the hole..

Kristin-Kreuk.jpg

It's wrong to drink mass produced lager at a Spoons. Whatever you think of their "ambience" and style, they do keep their ales well.

I think Spoons are great; I've been to some lovely ones just for a day out. If I can park the wife in one while I spot some interesting locos then I'm rolling; if she's got a burger and a pint of Abbot lined up for me on my return that's a classic day!