House Price Crash Forum
pipllman

Mis-Sold A Property Investment?

Sounds more like mis-sold legal advice.

'Yeah you got a case I reckon.'

'Give us £400 and we will look at it.'

'You got no chance mate.'

'Whadda you mean you want your money back????

Edited by Byron

From the forum linked to above

I haven't seen any clause in the MX conditions that would make them able to redeem under these circumstances though - on the other hand, I hate reading T & Cs and may have missed it.

:D

I was gonna have a bit of a rant about this. But it might not be a bad thing as it could help kill property speculation, they'll turn on each other and hopefully create enough of a blood bath that it'll put people off for the next few years.

And another wtaf!?

Post 10

...I think council licensing could be the next 'PPI.' I hope so!...

http://www.propertytribes.com/ukar-want-to-see-tenancy-agreement-t-127622259.html#pid241981

Bl**dy hell! :blink:

Linda99 30-10-2015,08:58 PM

RE: UKAR Want to see tenancy agreement
Hi Vanesa.

What would be the problem with HMOs? Student houses with 4 sharing are often HMOs, for example, with all the additional licensing these days. Or do you mean big HMOs where the landlord may have converted the house into independent units, which wouldn't be allowed by MX?

Also, do you know if there is any problem if the landlord issues separate tenancies within one house but the whole house is used a single unit, all sharing the kitchen, bathroom etc.?

Linda99 Yesterday,10:48 AM

Thanks for your reply Lisa.

But as you will know, with additional and selective licensing even a 3-bed house can now be obliged to have a licence from the council and be called an 'HMO.' If the landlord doesn't apply for the licence they are then running an illegal HMO as far as I know. Surely MX couldn't call a loan in because the landlord responsibly adhered to new legal requirements brought in since the loan was approved? I thought a breach would occur rather if the landlord had made some structural changes which turned the house into bedsits etc.

Also, regarding the single tenancy issue, I believe in MX's conditions it states that the house should be let as a 'single unit.' Common sense would still tell me that if everyone shares the same communal facilities and only has exclusive use of their bedrooms that as long as ASTs were used, they should not be deemed to be in breach.

Linda99 Yesterday,04:50 PM

I wonder then if there would be any grounds for suing the council for the losses suffered? I think council licensing could be the next 'PPI.' I hope so! The RLA has pointed out that given new rights granted to councils to be able to track down the 'rogues,' there is now patently no need for licensing - and yet we are forced in a kind of fascism I think to sign these blank cheques and for instance replace small fire extinguishers with large ones (that people can't lift) and then a year later be told we didn't need to do that. Councils are very happy to make these expensive demands on us and we are helpless to resist. I would like to see a legal argument that challenged this and, as I say, if a mortgage company then forces you to redeem and you have to go on a more expensive interest rate for years to come, then I'd like to see the council sued for damages. I don't know what laws could be used, but hopefully there is something. Or maybe there is some way of combatting the mortgage lenders instead with regard to this - perhaps a clause somewhere saying that you must run the house in a legal way, not engage in anything illegal etc. - that should do it.

I haven't seen any clause in the MX conditions that would make them able to redeem under these circumstances though - on the other hand, I hate reading T & Cs and may have missed it.

So by her own admission she knows that according to MX's T&Cs she can only let her properties as a "single unit", but she has instead decided to let them as HMOs, and now she wants to sue the council if UKAR finds out about her breach of her mortgage conditions and she has to refinance at a higher rate elsewhere!?

WTAF indeed...

Edited by Neverwhere