House Price Crash Forum

Startling Efficiency For A Change...

Mrs Bear

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

DVLA seems to work! Try getting tax overpayments back from HMRC! I got a cheque for £37.50, but they owe me thousands!

HOLA444
HOLA445

Ha!

I was impressed when I got mine that they could (with my permission) take my photo from my passport.

Credit where it's due.

That said I had to send my V5 back after I changed my address because they had mis-spelt my name, which hadn't changed.

I was surprised they offered to do that for me because my passport was about to expire, but they did, so I have a nearly twenty year old photo on my driving license, although I'm still recognisable so it's never queried..

HOLA446

I was surprised they offered to do that for me because my passport was about to expire, but they did, so I have a nearly twenty year old photo on my driving license, although I'm still recognisable so it's never queried..

You must have had that German helmet for some time then?

HOLA447

DVLA seems to work! Try getting tax overpayments back from HMRC! I got a cheque for £37.50, but they owe me thousands!

Try getting hold of HMRC full stop.

I was on hold for half an hour last time before I was finally cut off.

That was two weeks ago.

HOLA448

Does it say new photo or recently taken photo?

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Does it say new photo or recently taken photo?

I'm not sure what you mean. I moved house in 2006 and had to get a photo license with my new address. They asked if I wanted them to use the passport photo and I said yes. That photo was eight or nine years old at the time but I didn't bother to query it. I moved house again in 2013 and they sent me a new license with the same photo.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I'm not sure what you mean. I moved house in 2006 and had to get a photo license with my new address. They asked if I wanted them to use the passport photo and I said yes. That photo was eight or nine years old at the time but I didn't bother to query it. I moved house again in 2013 and they sent me a new license with the same photo.

You'll have to update your driving licence next year presumably you'll get to use you now 8 or 9 year old passport photo from your current passport :D

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Didn't work for me. I got a new passport last year so assumed my picture would work. I tried to renew my driving license online but the bloody website spat me out at the last stage with some lame excuse. Tried on two more occasions after a few days and it still didn't work. I ended going to a Post Office, not a nice experience but it worked. License arrived a few days later.

Archived