Airbus A320 Down In North Sinai

workingpoor

HOLA441
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Probably not. If you look at Flightradar24, there are lots in the air at one time. Even look out of your window.

I'm betting it was hit by an Israeli rocket powered grand piano, of which I deny all knowledge.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Another Airbus A320 crew reported previous engine trouble 3 times on previous flights of this plane.

shoot down theories ruled out although it was flying over conflict zone.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11967354/Russian-airliner-crashes-in-Egypts-Sinai-peninsula-with-224-people-feared-dead-latest-news.html

Not ANOTHER A 320...rather the second total loss of an A 321...last one was pilot error (bad weather) Islamabad I quickly googled.

HOLA447
HOLA448

This aircraft apparently had a bad tail strike in Cairo in 2001 while flying for MEA.

A catastrophic hull failure would tie in with what we know so far.

Aviation Safety Network LINK to the Cairo incident.

They airline should have bought another one that had a front end smash, and done a cut-n-shut job. Obviously with a respray. :mellow:

HOLA449

This aircraft apparently had a bad tail strike in Cairo in 2001 while flying for MEA.

A catastrophic hull failure would tie in with what we know so far.

Aviation Safety Network LINK to the Cairo incident.

The description of the wreckage points to this or an explosion within the airframe.

That said Russian Air safety has supposed to have moved up a few notches since Aeroflot.. It is rated as Category 1 in FAA's International Aviation Safety Assessment Program (IASA)

http://aviation-safety.net/database/country/country.php?id=RA

http://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/iasa/

HOLA4410

They airline should have bought another one that had a front end smash, and done a cut-n-shut job. Obviously with a respray. :mellow:

Rather flippant even for you pinny........ <_<

I see your humour though I suppose it's how you deal with things..

Russian authorities say it was carrying 217 passengers, 138 of them women and 17 children aged between 2 and 17. Most were tourists. There were seven crew on board.

No survivors....

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Let's see how it turns out! Not good by the sound of it! I don't think Airbus are worse than any others, and I've been on some wonky planes. Although it makes news. more people die of diarhea! :blink: We don't count them.

HOLA4415

Let's see how it turns out! Not good by the sound of it! I don't think Airbus are worse than any others, and I've been on some wonky planes. Although it makes news. more people die of diarhea! :blink: We don't count them.

Car fatality stats are terrifying and we have relatively safe roads. I'll stay in bed and hope an errant satellite doesn't land on me.

HOLA4416

Car fatality stats are terrifying and we have relatively safe roads. I'll stay in bed and hope an errant satellite doesn't land on me.

It's falling pianos you have to watch out for. Some satellites are no bigger than a football. ;)

Yes road travel is not as safe as air, but a fatal road crash only warrants two lines in the local rag!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

You see that's why I only have bean bags.Porcelain toilets are also quite dangerous at speed. I have taken the precaution of screwing mine to the floor.

Off the top of my head, I have known three people killed in road accidents, but none in planes.

HOLA4419

http://www.thejournal.ie/sinai-plane-crash-2418836-Oct2015/

AN ISLAMIC STATE affiliate group has claimed responsibility for downing a Russian passenger plane in the Sinai peninsula, where the jihadists are waging an insurgency.

The soldiers of the caliphate succeeded in bringing down a Russian plane in Sinai, said the statement from the group.

HOLA4420

http://www.thejournal.ie/sinai-plane-crash-2418836-Oct2015/

AN ISLAMIC STATE affiliate group has claimed responsibility for downing a Russian passenger plane in the Sinai peninsula, where the jihadists are waging an insurgency.

The soldiers of the caliphate succeeded in bringing down a Russian plane in Sinai, said the statement from the group.

They might claim it, but let's see what turns up. They may have to deal with President Dobby? :blink:

HOLA4421

ISIS have lots of supporter's in Egypt, Russia has recently started attacking ISIS, the plane was going from Egypt. Coincidence?

On a side note, what is so special about sharm el sheikh? (Apart from maybe a bit of diving), I would have thought in the current political climate you would want to give the place a wide birth, but I see friends often posting they have been there on Facebook, I want to post back 'why?'

HOLA4422

These are supposed to be able to fly on one engine so, in theory, one engine having a problem should not cause a problem.

Although, in similar situations where an engine has been playing up, some crashes have occured due to pilot error of throttling back or turning off the working engine rather than the dodgy one.

Poor sods.

It is a bit of a coincidence though isn't it re Russia's latest involvement in the ME.

HOLA4423

Zerohedge has now posted a supposed ISIS video of the aircraft exploding and catching fire in mid-air.

Hard to tell what caused it, or if it is the plane in question.

Early reports suggested that the pilots had radioed their intent to land at the nearest airport because there was a problem. I find that hard to square with an aircraft in flames.

So I am sceptical about the ISIS claim.

FAIK, it could be Russian footage of the Ukraine plane being used as a false flag. Can we believe anything any more?

HOLA4424

Edit: The video has been pulled from ZeroHedge / Youtube.

One of the news feeds quoted local tribespeople reporting that they saw the plane going down in flames & smoke.

And there's this from FlightRadar24......

Mikail Robertson from the flight tracking service Flight Radar 24 has been giving more details about what could have happened after the flight left Sharm el-Sheik.

It was climbing quite normally when after 23 minutes when it passed 30,000ft it suddenly started to lose speed, he told BBC World.

It went down from 400 knots to 62 knots and then it suddenly started to drop very fast after about 20 seconds we lost the signal from this aircraft.

He said it was hard to say what could have caused this to happen.

The very sudden drop of speed and altitude indicates that this was something more than a planned diversion this was something happening very very fast.

HOLA4425

Archived