House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Do We Get Everywhere?

There seem to be pockets of HPCers, so for the Scots for example they all appear to live in Edinburgh.

Anyway to see if we have covered the country, here is the full listing of counties from Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_counties_of_the_United_Kingdom. In replying copy the list, claim your county, and delete the county you're claiming so it's clear what's left. This is where you're living now, not where you're from or where your gran lives. I was guessing Rutland might end up unclaimed for England but having seen that Lincolnshire has subdivisions that's in with a shout, I don't know about the other countries.

As the topic starter I'm not deleting it so we have a full list and will leave that honour to one of the other people who live in the earthly paradise that is Cornwall (excepting of course Redruth, Camborne, Bodmin, Liskeard, St Columb Major, Roche etc. etc.). I note that it's wrapping in post preview but that's probably for the best or the posts will be extraordinarily long.

County Avon Bedfordshire Berkshire City of Bristol Buckinghamshire Cambridgeshire Cambridgeshire and Isle of Ely Cheshire Cleveland Cornwall Cumberland Cumbria Derbyshire Devon Dorset Durham East Suffolk East Sussex Essex Gloucestershire Greater London Greater Manchester Hampshire Hereford and Worcester Herefordshire Hertfordshire Humberside Huntingdon and Peterborough Huntingdonshire Isle of Ely Isle of Wight Kent Lancashire Leicestershire Lincolnshire Lincolnshire, Parts of Holland Lincolnshire, Parts of Kesteven Lincolnshire, Parts of Lindsey London City of London Merseyside Middlesex Norfolk Northamptonshire Northumberland North Humberside North Yorkshire Nottinghamshire Oxfordshire Soke of Peterborough Rutland Shropshire (Salop) Somerset South Humberside South Yorkshire Staffordshire Suffolk Surrey Sussex Tyne and Wear Warwickshire West Midlands Westmorland West Suffolk West Sussex West Yorkshire Wiltshire Worcestershire Yorkshire Yorkshire, East Riding Yorkshire, North Riding Yorkshire, West Riding Northern Ireland County Antrim Armagh City of Belfast Down Fermanagh Londonderry City of Derry Tyrone Scotland
Main article: Counties of Scotland
County City of Aberdeen Aberdeenshire Angus (Forfarshire) Argyll Ayrshire Banffshire Berwickshire Bute Caithness Clackmannanshire Cromartyshire Dumfriesshire Dunbartonshire (Dumbarton) City of Dundee East Lothian (Haddingtonshire) City of Edinburgh Fife City of Glasgow Inverness-shire Kincardineshire Kinross-shire Kirkcudbrightshire Lanarkshire Midlothian (County of Edinburgh) Moray (Elginshire) Nairnshire Orkney Peeblesshire Perthshire Renfrewshire Ross and Cromarty Ross-shire Roxburghshire Selkirkshire Shetland (Zetland) Stirlingshire Sutherland West Lothian (Linlithgowshire) Wigtownshire Wales County Anglesey Brecknockshire Caernarfonshire Cardiganshire Carmarthenshire Clwyd Denbighshire Dyfed Flintshire Glamorgan Gwent Gwynedd Merionethshire Mid Glamorgan Monmouthshire Montgomeryshire Pembrokeshire Powys Radnorshire South Glamorgan West Glamorgan Wrexham

If you in the Isle of Ely you can delete both by the way.

There seem to be pockets of HPCers, so for the Scots for example they all appear to live in Edinburgh.

Anyway to see if we have covered the country, here is the full listing of counties from Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_counties_of_the_United_Kingdom. In replying copy the list, claim your county, and delete the county you're claiming so it's clear what's left. This is where you're living now, not where you're from or where your gran lives. I was guessing Rutland might end up unclaimed for England but having seen that Lincolnshire has subdivisions that's in with a shout, I don't know about the other countries.

As the topic starter I'm not deleting it so we have a full list and will leave that honour to one of the other people who live in the earthly paradise that is Cornwall (excepting of course Redruth, Camborne, Bodmin, Liskeard, St Columb Major, Roche etc. etc.). I note that it's wrapping in post preview but that's probably for the best or the posts will be extraordinarily long.

County Avon Bedfordshire Berkshire City of Bristol Buckinghamshire Cambridgeshire Cambridgeshire and Isle of Ely Cheshire Cleveland Cornwall Cumberland Cumbria Derbyshire Devon Dorset Durham East Suffolk East Sussex Essex Gloucestershire Greater London Greater Manchester Hampshire Hereford and Worcester Herefordshire Hertfordshire Humberside Huntingdon and Peterborough Huntingdonshire Isle of Ely Isle of Wight Kent Lancashire Leicestershire Lincolnshire Lincolnshire, Parts of Holland Lincolnshire, Parts of Kesteven Lincolnshire, Parts of Lindsey London City of London Merseyside Middlesex Norfolk Northamptonshire Northumberland North Humberside North Yorkshire Nottinghamshire Oxfordshire Soke of Peterborough Rutland Shropshire (Salop) South Humberside South Yorkshire Staffordshire Suffolk Surrey Sussex Tyne and Wear Warwickshire West Midlands Westmorland West Suffolk West Sussex West Yorkshire Wiltshire Worcestershire Yorkshire Yorkshire, East Riding Yorkshire, North Riding Yorkshire, West Riding Northern IrelandCounty Antrim Armagh City of Belfast Down Fermanagh Londonderry City of Derry Tyrone Scotland
Main article: Counties of Scotland
County City of Aberdeen Aberdeenshire Angus (Forfarshire) Argyll Ayrshire Banffshire Berwickshire Bute Caithness Clackmannanshire Cromartyshire Dumfriesshire Dunbartonshire (Dumbarton) City of Dundee East Lothian (Haddingtonshire) City of Edinburgh Fife City of Glasgow Inverness-shire Kincardineshire Kinross-shire Kirkcudbrightshire Lanarkshire Midlothian (County of Edinburgh) Moray (Elginshire) Nairnshire Orkney Peeblesshire Perthshire Renfrewshire Ross and Cromarty Ross-shire Roxburghshire Selkirkshire Shetland (Zetland) Stirlingshire Sutherland West Lothian (Linlithgowshire) Wigtownshire WalesCounty Anglesey Brecknockshire Caernarfonshire Cardiganshire Carmarthenshire Clwyd Denbighshire Dyfed Flintshire Glamorgan Gwent Gwynedd Merionethshire Mid Glamorgan Monmouthshire Montgomeryshire Pembrokeshire Powys Radnorshire South Glamorgan West Glamorgan Wrexham

I have deleted Somerset.

I have deleted Somerset.

But I work there! Is there no point in me setting off tomorrow at 4.30 am?

Can you imagine the scrolling needed, if everyone quotes the Op?!?

The Welsh counties you have listed are the old pre local authority reorganisation of 1 April 1996, they don't exist anymore.

The current ones are:

I'm claiming Caerphilly County Borough. I have no idea who will claim Swansea ;)

But I work there! Is there no point in me setting off tomorrow at 4.30 am?

Can you imagine the scrolling needed, if everyone quotes the Op?!?

I thought that also.

Can't the web site work out where we are from the IP address? Google maps can.

Since Cheshire East and Cheshire West are one and the same here I'm claiming both of them.

Funny that you mention Rutland as that's where I would consider myself from. Very much living in Cheshire at the moment though.

I should probably update the location under my avatar too!

West Glamorgan has not existed for more years than I can remember.

I had to renew my passport last week - I am planning on fleeing - and there were not enough spaces on the form for 'City & County of Swansea'.

Edit:

I had application form angst as a result.