House Price Crash Forum

Massive Increase In Cocaine Use

right_freds_dead

HOLA441

they went and tested a bunch of pub / public areas and found traces of cocaine in 74 out of 100 locations. some inner city pubs scored 95% for traces of cocaine on the toilet bowls ect. its a young thing.

i think this is the result of this housing / pay crisis of the under 30s.

there simply is no future here for the young. their needs are being just left to rot.

so its no suprise hard drugs are making a big comeback. pretty soon - higher crime.

HOLA442

i seem to remember a couple of years ago someone carried out a test on £50 notes and found traces of cocaine on about 97% of them.

i wouldn't have said that there had been a 'massive increase' of late though - we'd need to know how many locations had traces 5/10 years ago to draw this conclusion.

HOLA443

they went and tested a bunch of pub / public areas and found traces of cocaine in 74 out of 100 locations. some inner city pubs scored 95% for traces of cocaine on the toilet bowls ect. its a young thing.

there simply is no future here for the young. their needs are being just left to rot.

so its no suprise hard drugs are making a big comeback. pretty soon - higher crime.

I don't agree that any housing/ pay crisis is mainly responsible.

Humans, as do some other animals, like "highs".

There are, for Humans, umpteen ways to obtain this.

Some more effective than others, some safer than others.

Then there are "fashions". With smoking tobacco becoming less fashionable alternatives come to the fore.

The increase in alternative drug taking that those in the 1960s indulged in and therefore perhaps started the trend, was not imo, due to the young then feeling trapped by housing or pay problems. Trapped by the conventions of the time maybe.

Others, younger than I, may give a different opinion and I would be interested to hear those views.

HOLA444
HOLA445

This sounds a lot like the 8 types of urine in the peanut bowl theory.

HOLA446

This sounds a lot like the 8 types of urine in the peanut bowl theory.

No, I remember reading that in the US it used to be regarded as evidence of possession of cocaine, i.e. if bank notes in your possession had traces of cocaine then it was you that had the cocaine.

As far as I remember, it was successfully demonstrated that a very high percentage (greater than 95%, so the 97% is near enough) of all (used, obviously) banknotes contain traces of cocaine. This meant that US prosecutors had to subsequently try a bit harder to prove possession.

There are probably traces of lots of peoples' DNA on your used banknotes too, or your clothes from sitting down on the bus.

As for the p*ss in peanuts, this is quite easy to understand. There's probably a whole lot of sneezes and everything else in there too.

Incidentally, as for drugs forensic 'evidence', I remember going through security for a music festival once where the police had a sniffer dog go up and down the whole queue. I am not a drug user and certainly would not take anything in to such a venue but, of course, the dog sat down next to me. I was removed from the queue and given an emptying-of-pockets search. When they found nothing I got cheek from the officer along the lines of "you must have had it in there earlier, off you go", to which I denied and suggested they get a less friendly dog.

The more I read about forensic evidence, the more I see scope for its abuse, either deliberately or through blind faith in it. It is healthy to challenge such assumptions as the banknote thing above as there is usually more than one possible reason for things to be as they are that don't necessarily mean that you're the drug dealer or murderer.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Humans, as do some other animals, like "highs".

There are, for Humans, umpteen ways to obtain this.

One way:

Solitude

Silence

Meditation

You will then learn to tune in to your inner-self "the vibe"

Sets off endorphins in the brain and gives you a "natural" high :rolleyes:

The above are taken away from us

Through 'indoctrination' when young (you are looked upon as 'weird' for doing things 'on your own'/seeking solitude!

Top request for a job: Are you a "team player"? ie a conformist drone!

Having our lives filled with excess "noise" (from radio, TV, mobile phone, Traffic, increased workload, pumping loud music in pubs - it's all purposly manipulated)

Doesn't give you any time to relax properly/to readjust - leads to stress, depression blah blah - all the 'modern' ills!

Magnetic/electrical fields (ie emanating from the electrical circuits around your house/office) interrupt your bodies natural rhythms.

And more look it up yerself!

HOLA449

Digusting snorting cocaine off the toilet bowl!!!

HOLA4410

i havent seen a big increase it it myself either. the usual people doing the usual amount as far as i can see, though i keep hearing its on the rise. ive yet to see my own perceptions match whats being said.

IMHO this is a who you run with thing. I'm a 38 year old married mom, I run with other married moms, and can't remember the last time anyone did coke ( or crank, pot or any illegal drugs) Most of my firends hardly even drink. Why yes, we are nerds! ;o)

I do know in the US, according to the news. Crank is the drug giving us the most problems right now

HOLA4411

IMHO this is a who you run with thing. I'm a 38 year old married mom, I run with other married moms, and can't remember the last time anyone did coke ( or crank, pot or any illegal drugs) Most of my firends hardly even drink. Why yes, we are nerds! ;o)

I do know in the US, according to the news. Crank is the drug giving us the most problems right now

By crank do you mean crack? Its just i've never heard of crank and i know that crack (crack cocaine, smoked in a crack pipe) can be a real bitch when it sets into an area.

Cocaine in itself is a party drug, it keeps you awake, I can quite happily chat and have a good laugh with people who have done a few lines, try talking to someone who has done a couple of E's if you can get them to stop muching thier own face then they tell you how great you are and how they feel they can really relate to you. Its well funny for about 30 seconds then it just gets boring. :lol:

The more people party the more coke will be needed. I bet tons of the stuff gets snorted over the xmas break.

Not to be confused with Heroin, PCP or Crack

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

ahhh its crystal meth, never heard it called crank before, i've learnt something today :)

Yes .. did anyone see the hilarious article in the Sun claiming that people are taking it to go on days-long depraved sex benders?

I can only assume the reporter never bothered to research the effects!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Absolutely agree, total morons, torch the bloody lot of them.

It has become cheaper in recent times. It used to be speed that was the popular stimulant as it was only £5 a gram. People who take either regularly normally turn from slightly annoying wannabes into complete nighmares.

Anyone taking crystal meth or crack could not have had too many brain cells to start with.

HOLA4421

I doubt it.

Perhaps more are consuming powdered milk due to poverty. See this flawed drug test.

This also puts me in mind of the workplace drug test that suggests you have been using heroin when all you had was a sesame seed bun with your soup at lunchtime.

Never take one of these throw-away tests. If your employer wants to test you insist on a full blood test. It's much more expensive for them too.

NDL

HOLA4422

Never take one of these throw-away tests. If your employer wants to test you insist on a full blood test. It's much more expensive for them too.

NDL

If they want to test me i will tell them to shove their test up their ****.

If my work is crap sack me, if not, it should not bother them what i do in my own time.

Archived