House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

High Street Skeletons

Or fantastic looking women?

2DD836DF00000578-3294113-Kate_Grigorieva

You decide - get voting on the comments!

High street skeletons: We all know about painfully thin catwalk stars. Here we reveal the deeply worrying vital statistics of models for high street chains
  • Last month calls were made to ban stick-thin figures in the fashion world
  • Startling news this week suggests a worrying trend much closer to home
  • A Daily Mail investigation analysed 11 British High Street chains
  • All models in their recent campaigns had an unhealthy waist-to-height ratio

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3294113/High-street-skeletons-know-painfully-catwalk-stars-reveal-deeply-worrying-vital-statistics-models-high-street-chains.html#

That one doesn't look particularly skeletal - just a skinny burd.

You see high jumpers with similar builds.

Too skinny for my liking - but she may well be perfectly healthy.

The whole story is ballz.

If you did a survey of men over 7' tall, then they would have 'bad' waist-to-height ratio. What are we saying tall people look thinner? :lol:

emily-ratajkowski_zpsv68wrmf4.jpg

If 'authorities' are going to ban use of such models - in other words, constrain freedom of expression - they should also ban 'plus' size models, who also promote unhealthy diets and lifestyles.

Some people are quite lightweight. Others are very heavy. As long as they appear healthy.

The woman in the picture looks healthy!

She's a tad on the slim side, but fine for a tall young woman. A few of my friend's daughters have bodies like this as they've had a growth spurt, suddenly got tall and are keen on sports like running.

She definitely doesn't need to lose any weight - that's for sure.

Too thin. And whence cometh the assumption that she's tall?

Crossreferencing to the other thread, she must do lots of housework. Or maybe not: doesn't look strong enough to apply real elbow-grease.

.... and in a recent survey

I'd say those piccies represent a good range of healthy-looking weights. None of them as skeletal as the OP here. Shame they all look too dolled up and posed to be attractive.

I thought this was going to be about poorly staffed shops on the high street!

Anyway...first woman looks too thin to me, bearing in mind that the camera adds weight anyway. It's a well known fact that pressure on models to be thin comes from other women and homos anyway.

Most heterosexual men in my experience prefer a woman to be a size 12-14, or bigger if in proportion, in fact it's the proportion that's more important than the size.

Obligatory disclaimer: Of course, it's what's inside that really counts. :rolleyes:

Guest eight

women%27s+ideal+body+size+for+men.jpg

I bet if they'd pictured these fully dressed not many would have opted for lardy.

I thought this was going to be about poorly staffed shops on the high street!

Anyway...first woman looks too thin to me, bearing in mind that the camera adds weight anyway. It's a well known fact that pressure on models to be thin comes from other women and homos anyway.

Most heterosexual men in my experience prefer a woman to be a size 12-14, or bigger if in proportion, in fact it's the proportion that's more important than the size.

Obligatory disclaimer: Of course, it's what's inside that really counts.

That would be you then? :unsure:

women%27s+ideal+body+size+for+men.jpg

A survey of men presumably. It's women's idealisation of skinny women that drives this super-thin modelling. Catwalk fashion and retail ads are aimed squarely at women. Mens magazines and advertising have always gone for a fuller figured woman.

A survey of men presumably. It's women's idealisation of skinny women that drives this super-thin modelling. Catwalk fashion and retail ads are aimed squarely at women. Mens magazines and advertising have always gone for a fuller figured woman.

Aye, with proper tits and hips! :blink:;)

The lady in the OP is very attractive. She's not 'skinny' though, she just looks a normal weight.

Maybe other posters are used to seing a lot of lard arses? Aren't we all?

I like skinny, but there's a very fine line between skinny and someone who looks ill.

I think the woman in the OP looks great. I think we've gotten so fat we think there's something wrong with being lean.

All the ladies in the photo above look grand, though given the choice I'd gravitate towards the skinnier end of the spectrum.

I like skinny, but there's a very fine line between skinny and someone who looks ill.

I think the woman in the OP looks great. I think we've gotten so fat we think there's something wrong with being lean.

All the ladies in the photo above look grand, though given the choice I'd gravitate towards the skinnier end of the spectrum.

Yes. None of them are fat. You don't always get the choice. :blink:

One of the saddest things I heard about the Madeline McCann case was that Mrs McCann received hate mail from other women, telling her she 'didn't look like a mother', ie she wasn't overweight and or slobbish. The fact that she was slim, attractive and well dressed (and bravely maintained a sense of composure in the face of appalling tragedy) would once have been testament to true British, Christian womanly values. It still is in my book.

The lady in the OP is very attractive. She's not 'skinny' though, she just looks a normal weight.

Maybe other posters are used to seing a lot of lard arses? Aren't we all?

I've been contemplating the picture in the OP.

I'd say she lacks any tone and therefore looks 'skinny' or malnourished in that she has a 'dieted look", whereas you could have someone just as thin but in 'better shape' looking nourished. She has some flesh on her bones, rather than some muscle.