House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Military Training Programmes - Who Gets Through

I've seen a few of these (yes, I wanted to join but other opportunities presented themselves) and you begin to pick out who's not going to make it.

Basically anybody very articulate, bright who'll overthink it, anybody big who assumes they'll walk it because they're strong. Unlikely to make it.

Fairly short, quiet, unremarkable looking - slope shoulders, no big muscles - they get through time after time.

It reinforces my belief that I'd have entirely flunked it, not the right person.

Nearly through Royal Marines Commando on 4OD. In this case being picked out by the C4 crew as an interesting character seems to be the kiss of death.

In this case being picked out by the C4 crew as an interesting character seems to be the kiss of death.

Not always. We were told to draw a few things on a bit of paper to give a pen picture of ourselfs.

I thought they were looking for something amusing. They weren't.

My picture of a set of tits and a single sentence beneath saying "I love tits" wasn't well received by the Captain.

Not always. We were told to draw a few things on a bit of paper to give a pen picture of ourselfs.

I thought they were looking for something amusing. They weren't.

My picture of a set of tits and a single sentence beneath saying "I love tits" wasn't well received by the Captain.

Was she rather busty? :blink:

Not sure about miltary training Frank. I nearly joined the Navy once, but it would have been a desk job!

Did do underwater sunken helicopter training a few years back, and I didn't like it! One of the training blokes said it's always the "macho" guys that can't do it! I was sitting next to a photographer lady, from a TV company. She laughed her head off all the way through it. Sort of kept me going! :huh: