House Price Crash Forum

Work Shy And Scroungers To Be Targeted At Food Banks . . . Ian Duncan Smith

copydude

HOLA441

Could Food Stamps Replace Tax Credits?

Work and pensions secretary Ian Duncan Smith says 'job advisers' will be posted at Food Banks nationwide.

Anyone queuing up for a free tin of Ambrosia custard will have their collar felt, he promised a rapturous select committee of Tories.

Link

'I am trialling at the moment a ' job adviser' situating themselves in the food bank for the time that the food bank is open, and we are already getting very strong feedback about that,” he said.

The idea of rolling out this scheme nationwide is a tacit admission by the government that food banks are here to stay.

Supermarkets are concerned that footfall in Food Banks and 'like for like' handouts have increased exponentially while their own business has declined

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Just as long as we don't see job advisors anyone near the handout location for the landed gentry.

Oh no the EUSSR are proposing something far worse, a crime against humanity in fact, one that even Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin and Hilter combined couldn't think of. They are going to be forced to put up signs saying they take EU money, all the Nazi-lite press are up in arms about it, how DARE someone giving out money attach strings to it.

HOLA445

So what, the UK has a community of poor people. C'est la vie.

Fundamentally I have no problem with food stamps. The caveat is that the welfare recipient must get market value & market selection for their £ in food stamp format.

As long as the food is not rationed out by corruption and the system is properly regulated its a good solution to a growing problem.

At least this takes the temptation inherent with cash away, and forces people to purchase food instead of fags and rocket fuel cider.

HOLA446

I'd imagine the likes of the Trussell Trust (and the one I used to volunteer for) will tell them to do one..These people don't physically go to food banks anyway, they are referred to them via an agency (could be a homeless shelter, care support, etc), and they pick up the parcel for them.

A FB wouldn't allow any old tom dick or harry to go visit them personally anyway; they don't know if they are in need (they just could be on the scrounge), and the people working there could come under threats of violence by random twats..

Edited by Dave Beans

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

IDS's own family have claimed about a million in agricultural subsidies in past ten years- but that's ok because they didn't really need the money to live on, they just could not bear to part with any land.

True, and the article demonstrates a pinnacle of IDS achievement. Showing what can be achieved when two champions of institutional humility and philanthropy, the state and the church, bring their expertise together to make getting enough to eat even more guilt-ridden.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

There will always be the so called workshy and lazy.....many of them do 'work' who would like to work in a working environment with one?.....there are also lots of people suffering from physical and mental problems......food stamps, bet the big supermarkets would push on that lucrative initiative.

HOLA4413

Could Food Stamps Replace Tax Credits?

Work and pensions secretary Ian Duncan Smith says 'job advisers' will be posted at Food Banks nationwide.

Anyone queuing up for a free tin of Ambrosia custard will have their collar felt, he promised a rapturous select committee of Tories.

Link

The idea of rolling out this scheme nationwide is a tacit admission by the government that food banks are here to stay.

Supermarkets are concerned that footfall in Food Banks and 'like for like' handouts have increased exponentially while their own business has declined

So says the man who idolizes a mass murderer.

Why do people on the Left have such an issue with honesty? If you have a problem with something proposed by the democratically-elected government, then, by all means, please say what is (there's plenty to chose from). Posting BS nonsense on here to appeal to your fellow cultists is a waste of time.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I really am all for getting the "work shy and lazy" back to work by any means possible, and if that means some tough love so be it.

But what these clowns fail to see is some couples are working 80 hours plus a week and not able to earn enough to be self supporting, a disgrace in 2015.

P.S. I have never wanted to punch a politician in the face as much as IDS's "Oh Yes" fist clenching performance in the commons when the cutbacks were announced. Hope he would do the same if the Tax dodging multi nationals were cornered and the get away with it criminal UK bankers jailed from the 2008 crisis.

Plus 100

They know full well neo liberalism has made hard work irrelevant. Hence the lies stacked upon lies and the idiots who parrot them.

HOLA4416

What right have job advisers got to attend food banks.

When did they become government property.

Oh come on. You can't have people wandering around handing out free stuff. Unregulated. It's a very dangerous trend.

In any case, the Government will soon step in.

Food banks 'storing-up a health nightmare for the future' Government warned

Many are struggling to store and distribute fresh produce, forcing suppliers to only hand out dried, tinned or powdered produce

Independent

It is very bad . . . the selection is terrible. I couldn't get simple things like Dolcelatte or Mango Chutney.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

It is very bad . . . the selection is terrible. I couldn't get simple things like Dolcelatte or Mango Chutney.

I think one locally will take some fresh stuff but they're not keen. They don't have storage space for it.

It's probably a FAQ on loads of allotment pages - people want to offer surplus produce but get told no.

HOLA4419

I think one locally will take some fresh stuff but they're not keen. They don't have storage space for it.

With all the 'job advisers' and nutritionists and 'meal consultants', I'm not surprised.

Think we should put nutritionists in supermarkets too? They could smack people trying to sneak out with only tinned stuff.

HOLA4420

Is IDS going to

- allow people to challenge unfair dismissal which often leads people with no work or benefits ? (No because they've made tribunals very expensive)

- Start paying on time the 53% of ESA claimants that win on appeal after the DWP stops their money unfairly to meet targets ?

- Stop the endless mistakes in sanctioning resulting in highly vulnerable people being left without any support ?

- Deal with the 25% of the homeless who are ex-servicemen most of whom have PTS problems and aren't getting support ?

- Fix the broken mental health system which is simply leaving vulnerable and very sick people on the streets to fend for themselves (and all too often die) ?

What is he going to do for the 50% of foodbank users WHO ARE IN WORK !

I hope Labour find a way to prosecute IDS. He is presiding over the vulnerable dying and he clearly doesn't care.

Edited by sikejsudjek

HOLA4421

With all the 'job advisers' and nutritionists and 'meal consultants', I'm not surprised.

Think we should put nutritionists in supermarkets too? They could smack people trying to sneak out with only tinned stuff.

Food banks don't have the facilities to store fresh food. They do use nutritionists to work out a balanced diet though, and the packages are made up to this. People are asked to donate specific items on a list that's been checked for nutrition. Its not perfect, but it isn't just any old crap.

I don't know why IDS has a problem with food banks - its the only thing stopping rioting in the streets at the moment. Then again he'd probably love that - far quicker to shoot the plebs than have to go to the hassle of sanctioning people in comas, the mentally unwell, and people too sick to get to interviews. Would save his staff from hitting sanctioning targets by identifying people with dyslexia and giving them a wad of forms to fill in ('cause as one benefits adviser put it, its an easy way to hit the targets).

HOLA4422

I don't know a tin of baked beans or tomatoes is pretty healthy and penny for penny probably goes a bit further than fresh stuff nutrition wise. At the end of the day if you have got 25p to last the week do you buy an apple or a packet of custard creams. The other sixty quid probably went on fags but hey that's life. An addiction that is probably one of the main causes of poverty amongst the precariat.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425