House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Police Numbers On Case Drops

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34661256

The number of UK officers investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has been cut from 29 to four, the Metropolitan Police says.

Well it's winter in Portugual now and not as warm?

How many other cases have 29 police working on them after this many years? A FOI request would be interesting.

Certainly not the Birmingham Pub Bombings - the only case of mass murder (21 died) to have been closed in the UK. Apparently they reopened it about 18 months ago - but I think they just got the file out of the archives and put it in a pending tray somewhere.

Certainly not the Birmingham Pub Bombings - the only case of mass murder (21 died) to have been closed in the UK. Apparently they reopened it about 18 months ago - but I think they just got the file out of the archives and put it in a pending tray somewhere.

It was PIRA who did the Birmingham pub bombings. Just not the ones they fitted up for it....

It would upset the Marty and Jerry show if they showed too much interest in it. Not too much though for Gerry and Marty to continually call for prosecutions over the Bloody Sunday incident.

It was PIRA who did the Birmingham pub bombings. Just not the ones they fitted up for it....

It would upset the Marty and Jerry show if they showed too much interest in it. Not too much though for Gerry and Marty to continually call for prosecutions over the Bloody Sunday incident.

Not convinced. I have another view, and that may be the subject of a book and TV documentary in due course.

What on earth were 29 full time police doing all day?

Long lunches and playing darts spring to mind.

Surely this is about intelligent detective work not numbers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/11960669/Madeleine-McCann-investigation-to-be-drastically-scaled-back-Scotland-Yard-says.html

Operation Grange, which was launched in 2011, will continue but will have the number of full time officers working on the case reduced from 29 to just four.

****** me - in salary alone thats over a million per year.