House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

Damned Videos

I buy a lot of videos,but why do I have to skip through 5 trailers for films I don't want to see before I get to the main feature? This is not a cinema, This is my house. And the smaller "art film" companies are the worst offenders!

Just in case you've pirated it, they're getting their money's worth.

I'm not pirating! I've actually bought them! :unsure:

Just in case you've pirated it, they're getting their money's worth.

Amusing if they imagine anyone copying films leaves in the crap that nobody wants.

For that reason many illegal copies are arguably a superior product to their original counterparts.

Amusing if they imagine anyone copying films leaves in the crap that nobody wants.

For that reason many illegal copies are arguably a superior product to their original counterparts.

B*gger! You are right!

May I say just how delighted I am at that everybody has resisted from posting the obvious.

Well done you all!

Look, it's not filth Frank! Just regular videos! :blink:

The filth-mongers wouldn't bore you with these sort of unwanted traliers!

Look, it's not filth Frank! Just regular videos! :blink:

The filth-mongers wouldn't bore you with these sort of unwanted traliers!

Not filth, I wasn't thinking filth.

Let's just say that I am especially pleased that winkie hasn't posted on this thread. And that's not a dig at winkie.

VHS Pinny?

I don't have that any more! ;)

Of course the most annoying trailers are the FACT ones on legitimately purchased DVDs/Blu Rays, etc. The very fact that you are watching a legitimately purchased items means the FACT warning is not applicable in that situation.

EDIT - Sorry Mr Pin, didn't read the thread properly/at all. Derp! I've basically just reposted your first post.

Of course the most annoying trailers are the FACT ones on legitimately purchased DVDs/Blu Rays, etc. The very fact that you are watching a legitimately purchased items means the FACT warning is not applicable in that situation.

That's my point! I want to watch a legally purchased film! I don't want trailers for something quite different, but it's OK if they put them at the end!

I buy a lot of videos,but why do I have to skip through 5 trailers for films I don't want to see before I get to the main feature? This is not a cinema, This is my house. And the smaller "art film" companies are the worst offenders!

The best ones are those promoting films in Blu Ray, and showing you the difference on your DVD :blink:

I thought you were going to be complaining a) that your video recorder had finally, packed up, so you couldn't watch them any more, or b] that you were stuck with a load of old vids you couldn't even give away to charity shops!

We had a hell of a job to get rid of ours.

The best ones are those promoting films in Blu Ray, and showing you the difference on your DVD :blink:

Not as bad as the ones ON BLURAY advertising .... BLURAY

Dicks. That chap with the life advice for marketing folk was absolutely right.

Yes, that's great!

May I say just how delighted I am at that everybody has resisted from posting the obvious.

Well done you all!

It took me a while to get that, but why hasn't anyone posted a video of "The Damned". :wacko:

Yay!

I recently realised the way I said it, but sometimes the "obvious" is hidden from you! I was slow with that! :blink:

I used to live in Sarf Lahnden. One of my mates used to do sound systems for live bands. Some quite well known. Captain Sensible was quite looking forward to meeting me apparently, but I was away for that party and we never met! I do have a "rep" Frank! ^_^

I have a program that can copy DVDs, though I haven't used it in years. That used to remove the copyright notices unless you explicitly told it to retain them/make a complete copy.

So yes, it is irritating that you're lectured when you've actually bought the bloody thing while someone with a pirated copy won't see the piracy messages.

Basically, any new recorded format will be ripped, as long as it plays in a computer. Hardly worth ripping stuff nowadays, as DVD/BluRay are reasonably priced. Some I get for £1 from charity shops.

I just object to the adverts for films I have no interest in, being at the front of the disk, and not in an "extras" menu, where I have the choice not to watch them.

I recently realised the way I said it, but sometimes the "obvious" is hidden from you! I was slow with that! :blink:

I used to live in Sarf Lahnden. One of my mates used to do sound systems for live bands. Some quite well known. Captain Sensible was quite looking forward to meeting me apparently, but I was away for that party and we never met! I do have a "rep" Frank! ^_^

That is one good 'rep', it has certainly never been the ambition of a rock star to meet me!

That is one good 'rep', it has certainly never been the ambition of a rock star to meet me!

I knew Kirstie McColl! Very nice lady! She is dead now! :blink: