CunningPlan

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

the advent of internet urls was definitely a boon for lovers of lower case - you see it in all kinds of unexpected places now.

quite often when making notes i write in small caps

C.Small-caps.gif

HOLA448
HOLA449

Thought this was going to be another thread on immigration.

But no...it's just someone trying to establish their credentials as a non professional journalist, speech writer or Internet opinion former.

Clearly an intelligence agency shill. But for which one?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Got lots of books thanks :)

But they don't capitalise every word.

515uz%2BYh4UL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jp

And no hidden agenda - just curious.

It's very German to capitlalis all nouns!

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

the advent of internet urls was definitely a boon for lovers of lower case - you see it in all kinds of unexpected places now.

quite often when making notes i write in small caps

C.Small-caps.gif

Lower case letters did not exist before the 8th century AD in the Latin alphabet. They were introduced with the invention of New Cursive and scripts such as Carolingian miniscule. Prior to that time written scripts were all capitals In fact modern mixed case scripts such as Times Roman is not Roman at all. They have their origins in monasteries in the Dark Ages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Latin_alphabet

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Lower case letters did not exist before the 8th century AD in the Latin alphabet. They were introduced with the invention of New Cursive and scripts such as Carolingian miniscule. Prior to that time written scripts were all capitals In fact modern mixed case scripts such as Times Roman is not Roman at all. They have their origins in monasteries in the Dark Ages.

The letters we used, in their current forms, were much later than the capitals but other forms of lower case letters existed although it's possibly inaccurate to call them "cases"; at any rate AFAIK they weren't used mixed in the way we do today.

HOLA4419

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Latin_alphabet

Well that's what I was trying to say, obviously - I do my shopping list in illuminated script, complete with gold leaf and archaic spellings "Buye ye cheese strynges", that kind of thing.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Archived