House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

My Radio Told Me The Daily Express Says, Prices To Rise 25%

...over 5 years.

they shouldn't be allowed to print that sort of thing. they aren't allowed to do it with the stock market so why allow them to do it with this investment class!!!!

the bloke on the radio waffled on about would mortgage rates ad adjusted to reflect this.

no mention of wage rises etc or the fact prices in London are dropping and it's a massive bubble again.

it was talk sport, again, by she way.

I get the feeling someone at the daily express is up to their eyes in property...

Ah the Daily Express, I suspect like any national newspaper they wish to sell newspapers, house prices are click bait and good for selling to the sheeple, but anyone who expects serious news should look elsewhere.

Didn't someone make a large collage of express property related front pages and post it here, I think it was updated quite a bit, haven't seen it for a while now!

I think this was the start of it:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/194125-express-front-page-today/?hl=%2Bdaily+%2Bexpress+%2Bfront+%2Bpages#entry909415034

I think it's pretty clear a vested interest could be at work outside of just selling trash dead tree media

Edited by JustAnotherProle

Obviously more foreign buyers then ?

The average Joe in the UK is already priced out. Unless more money is thrown at the stinking pile. And IR's go negative.

In that case, we are heading to complete collapse. With the average DM reader hopefully getting the full force...because they deserve it ;)

"The new large and rich countries of the world - oil producing countries and the Asian dragons - remain happy to park their new-found wealth in the world's main financial centres and their property markets.

Looking forward, as long as supply continues to fail to react to the burgeoning demand for housing, it is very unlikely that house prices will crash.
As long as these fundamentals remain unchanged, a housing bust is very much off the cards."

So said Jonathan Said of the Centre for Expecting Tomorrow to be the Same as Today, sorry, Centre for Economics and Business Research.

Source?

Tuesday, 13 March 2007

Prices may well rise, but not the price of property ......the price of electricity, gas, fuel, water, transport and food.......the other life necessities. ;)

They're just pandering to their readership (retired, home owning, boomers) and telling them what they like to hear.

If the demographic of Daily Express readers suddenly shifted to being made up of 20-30 somethings struggling to get on the housing ladder then their headlines would instantly change to ''House price crash on the way'' ''New study reveals property is massively overvalued'' etc etc

They're just pandering to their readership (retired, home owning, boomers) and telling them what they like to hear.

If the demographic of Daily Express readers suddenly shifted to being made up of 20-30 somethings struggling to get on the housing ladder then their headlines would instantly change to ''House price crash on the way'' ''New study reveals property is massively overvalued'' etc etc

problem is with that (whilst true) even if the express readership is only 50k they still have their front page headlines on display at every supermarket and petrol station you walk into and their words are subconsciously or otherwise burned into the psyche of the great british pleblic.

problem is with that (whilst true) even if the express readership is only 50k they still have their front page headlines on display at every supermarket and petrol station you walk into and their words are subconsciously or otherwise burned into the psyche of the great british pleblic.

and radio TV stations give it legitimacy by repeating.

if people are allowed to "invest" in property, surely the rules for insider trading should be applied.

The only good news is that Express readership has been consistently declining for the last five years. Sells less than a half million daily now. The generation that consume its balderdash is dying off, and there's no sign of any replacements.

I never buy the Express but I do occasionally have a look at it online... rather bizarrely most of it's online content seems to consist of articles on supernatural themes, ghosts, ufo's, sea monsters etc etc

How many people actually see the newspaper headlines these days? Not many people browse the news-stands surely?

How many people actually see the newspaper headlines these days? Not many people browse the news-stands surely?

Papers are often displayed in supermarkets so that you can hardly help seeing headlines, even if you've just nipped in for a sandwich. Sainsbury's in the centre of Kingston is like this, ditto the big M&S close by, where they have the papers in the same area as the quick-lunch food.

Papers are often displayed in supermarkets so that you can hardly help seeing headlines, even if you've just nipped in for a sandwich. Sainsbury's in the centre of Kingston is like this, ditto the big M&S close by, where they have the papers in the same area as the quick-lunch food.

Remember this is the Daily Express we are talking about (the same web issue had a story about "final proof of alien life discovered"). I doubt anyone other than the more deluded of its 500k buyers believes anything in it .