House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Germaine Greer - Feminist Having A Good At Transgendered Men

I quite like her. Older than Tom Bombadil now! :blink:

I got a bit of respect for her! She has opinions! :wacko:

The latest scientific research into transgenderism is that certain people are born with male or female brains but in the wrong gender body. If you believe this research then MTF transgendered people are effectively women born in the bodies of males.

You would think that a feminist would have sympathy for such people. Instead she appears to be, or certainly comes across in that interview, intolerant of them. I can only assume that she must have written or said some other things on the matter in order for BBC's Newsnight to then interview her on the subject. Anyone know what she said or wrote?

There is, I think, a tremendous irony in a vocal feminist having such intolerant views on what are, after all, effectively other women. To me it speaks volumes about feminists as a whole and certain individual feminists.

I look forward to hear standing outside a mosque having a go at the intolerance of muslim men towards females of all ages - but I ain't going to hold my breath. Then again, if you are intolerant of transgendered people, I suppose it is going to be pretty hard for anyone to take you seriously when you start talking about any kind of intolerance ever again?

It is also hilarious - I assume from that video clip that there has been some outrage against her views in her old uni and also something happening in Cardiff - that someone of the liberal politically correct left now finds herself the target of the same politically correct liberal revisionists and social justice warriors. Oh what a tangled web we weave.

So Newsnight's sole argument is we should entertain their delusions because if we do not they feel 'hurt'

I also feel hurt when people don't regard me as a dashingly hansome genius. I know im not a hamsome genius, but i feel like I should be and thus everyone should regard me as one. And I demand MP's bring in new laws to imprison them if they don't.

Seems about the gist of it.

The liberal "bigot" brush is so wide these days everybody is getting squashed by it. Simple fact is if you have an opinion about anything, then shut the f**k up!

There's no such thing as a "female brain"! :blink:

I think I said that wrong. :wacko:

A brain is just a brain! It doesn't have sex!

In men, it is the centre of thought and spiritual enlightenment.

For women it just makes their eyes move! :huh:

I quite like her. Older than Tom Bombadil now! :blink:

I bet she wished she'd worn a bra and used anti-wrinkle cream now, she looks like Zelda.

zeldapic_image_large.jpg

Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change

Just sayin'...

There we go! I always admired Zelda from Terrahawks!

I bet she wished she'd worn a bra and used anti-wrinkle cream now, she looks like Zelda.

I actually thought Davros when I saw her but considered it ungallant to say so.

I can now as it's an improvement on Zelda.

Milo Yianopolis (if ever you heard of him) has been mentioning this lately...a core inconsistency in their arguments.

Yes I think Milo is fantastic and recommend everyone check out his work.

I've heard him talk about the idea that as the SJW's latch on to increasingly 'out there' demographics, the previously protected classes become boring and fall out of favor with them, so for example gay white men starting to get a hard time over what they say.

Hilarious now that one of the most prominent feminists of the last 50 years is under attack; Greer comes across as quite down to earth in this video while the presenter follows the SJW script of fishing for things to be offended by, or putting words in her mouth.

SJW is basically just a bunch of fundamentally unhappy people looking for things to be unhappy about.

• I can't imagine why a bloke would want to be a woman or vice versa. Still some people do, and I accept them as they are. That is the "Word of Pin". :blink: Actually Germain would make an excellent bloke, although rather an annoying one!

Yes, it is hilarious that Greer is now under attack by the SJWs - it is long overdue IMPO - but it is also well justified IMPO.

I do not understand the reasons why transgendered men, or transgendered women for that matter, wish to undergo the difficult proceedures that they do. But I don't hear about any transgendered people threatening others, trying to destroy other people's ways of lives or mass murdering people.

The transgender MTFs are just an easy target for her IMPO.

It shows a dislike of men, IMPO, that I find disturbing because, whether they are right or wrong, in their own minds these men consider themselves women and should be allowed to get on with their lives. It must be ruddy difficult to go through the lives they live - make that decision - and they certainly don't need some 60's feminist having a go at them.

If the science is correct then MTFs are female conciousnesses in male bodies, and vice versa for FTMs, so surely they deserve the support of a feminist and not the opposite?

A tricky one TMT. People are who they are, and it takes some time to realise it! I don't think it right for Ms G to criticise these people. It's a brave move, but why not if you feel it is right?

It's not for me, as I do not wish to shave my legs to get stockings on! ^_^

Yes, it is hilarious that Greer is now under attack by the SJWs - it is long overdue IMPO - but it is also well justified IMPO.

I do not understand the reasons why transgendered men, or transgendered women for that matter, wish to undergo the difficult proceedures that they do. But I don't hear about any transgendered people threatening others, trying to destroy other people's ways of lives or mass murdering people.

The transgender MTFs are just an easy target for her IMPO.

It shows a dislike of men, IMPO, that I find disturbing because, whether they are right or wrong, in their own minds these men consider themselves women and should be allowed to get on with their lives. It must be ruddy difficult to go through the lives they live - make that decision - and they certainly don't need some 60's feminist having a go at them.

If the science is correct then MTFs are female conciousnesses in male bodies, and vice versa for FTMs, so surely they deserve the support of a feminist and not the opposite?

All Germaine said was that she doesn't consider that a transexual is a woman. She didn't say they shouldn't be free to have surgery, or that people shouldn't be considerate about using female pronouns, or that they shouldn't be free to act as women in society. I think it's a perfectly legitimate opinion.

All Germaine said was that she doesn't consider that a transexual is a woman. She didn't say they shouldn't be free to have surgery, or that people shouldn't be considerate about using female pronouns, or that they shouldn't be free to act as women in society. I think it's a perfectly legitimate opinion.

It is, and it is an opinion!

I can't imagine what people go through if they think they are in the "wrong body".

Didn't she campaign against a male to female transexual being allowed to take up an academic appointment that was supposed to be only for women?