House Price Crash Forum

Psst, An Ea Has Told Me The Secret To Eternal Wealth

When the new tax rules come in on mortgage relief, leveraged BTL landlords will get burned big time,i would not buy a BTL unless it was for cash,way too risky,her figures are childish,she has missed the biggest problems, voids,non payments,maintenance,that edjaat should go on dragons den.

Most people should read "Rich dad poor Dad" it might if you can read and are not ESN change your whole view on money and how to make it.

Surely Rich Dad Poor Dad is nothing more than a massive advert for BTL? It offers the opportunity to get rich without the hard work or having to take a salary. In fact, Kiyosaki always refers to leveraged real estate investments as the way to actually bring his ideas into effect. Added to this, rich dad appears to have been a fictional character.

All goes to show that the best way to get rich quick is to write a successful get rich quick book.

Surely Rich Dad Poor Dad is nothing more than a massive advert for BTL? It offers the opportunity to get rich without the hard work or having to take a salary. In fact, Kiyosaki always refers to leveraged real estate investments as the way to actually bring his ideas into effect. Added to this, rich dad appears to have been a fictional character.

All goes to show that the best way to get rich quick is to write a successful get rich quick book.

If I am not mistaken, the 2 recommendations for the book on this thread, came from BTL landlords...

Respond to her FB post thanking her for her "financial advice, which you, as a non-sophisticated investor, intend to rely upon"

Well thats one of the things that always makes me suck my teeth.

Her Ea setup - and all the others - lists the cheaper houses with the standard 'Would make an ideal investment' text.

I probably spend too much time with lawyers but I would never put an advert with the words 'ideal investment'. To me - and a lot of laywers - it would imply the EA has performed some calculations -rent, cost of finance - to justify calling the property and investment.

Maybe it's just my slack work ethic and aversion to leverage risk, but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would aspire to become a landlord, especially using an IO mortgage.

No offence to those who are or have done it, but I wouldn't want to be on the end of the phone with someone ringing me up to fix stuff. Relying on people I don't know to pay the mortgage costs and to be on the hook for that much debt on margin would freak me out too.

It's only through reading here that it becomes clear the favourable tax position made it seemingly worthwhile. Even if I had the cash to buy a house as an investment outright, I think I'd rather put it into something else. Seems a bit 'eggs-in-one-basket' for my tastes...

Maybe it's just my slack work ethic and aversion to leverage risk, but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would aspire to become a landlord, especially using an IO mortgage.

No offence to those who are or have done it, but I wouldn't want to be on the end of the phone with someone ringing me up to fix stuff. Relying on people I don't know to pay the mortgage costs and to be on the hook for that much debt on margin would freak me out too.

It's only through reading here that it becomes clear the favourable tax position made it seemingly worthwhile. Even if I had the cash to buy a house as an investment outright, I think I'd rather put it into something else. Seems a bit 'eggs-in-one-basket' for my tastes...

Agree. The first rule of investing is surely to spread your available resources over all asset classes so to put it all into property is a bit daft, leaving aside the fact that property shouldn't be an investment class for anyone with any morals.

Agree. The first rule of investing is surely to spread your available resources over all asset classes so to put it all into property is a bit daft, leaving aside the fact that property shouldn't be an investment class for anyone with any morals.

Diversification is b0llocks. Just don't buy as assets are topping.