House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bpw

How Many Have Read Lord Turners Exec Summary

OK folks, just how many of you have taken the time to read, or at least speed read, the Turner Report on Pensions, or the Executive Summary. In my mind, its' conclusions are explosive and supportive of my views on inter-generational inequity. The latter has resulted in me being branded a radical by some, and having a hatred of pensioners by others. All nonsense of course, so please, when you have time download the PDF from the site below, pour a glass of wine, and read a frank account of how the boomer generation (1940-60) have manipulated the system so that they now jeopardise the futures of those under ~45.

http://www.pensionscommission.org.uk

We all know that house prices are at the heart of inter-generational theft, and the pensions crisis is interlinked. As for proposals that houses be placed in SIPPs, it was clear to us all that this was a cynical and immoral move by Labour, and yet it was nearly passed into law. It proves there are few in government looking at the future generation of pensioners, who are already burdened by the need to take on staggering debts to own a home. Where will the money come from for your health care and pensions? A generously funded NHS and defined benefits company pension? Not for most of you!

We all need to be more informed, and to act. One way is by letters to MPs, and another will be to sway the policies of the New Conservative Party. You should all be talking with your friends about this issue as well. Are you?

As for those in the press who are complaining about the U-turn treat them with the contempt they deserve.

Not sure what the pensions crisis has to do with house prices and vice versa, particularly now that SIPPs cannot hold property. The pension situation is indeed inequitable, but muddying the thinking by adding the price of houses into the equation is just odd, if you don't mind me saying. Happy to hear more of your reasoning, mind: I'm would be intrigued.

Not sure what the pensions crisis has to do with house prices and vice versa, particularly now that SIPPs cannot hold property. The pension situation is indeed inequitable, but muddying the thinking by adding the price of houses into the equation is just odd, if you don't mind me saying. Happy to hear more of your reasoning, mind: I'm would be intrigued.

All part of the same equation in my opinion. Stretch yourself to breaking point to afford a flat and how are you supposed to fund your pension as well. Haven't read the report yet but will do so.

Even people in work are unable to meet the cost of living due to the high taxes we are paying, in effect people are borrowing to pay taxes but now people are becoming maxed out on credit so attention will turn to where is all the money going and you need look no further than taxes.

Brown will oppose any move to make people save for pensions as he knows you can not get blood out of a stone so taxes will have to come down and all his lawyer chums will get to take less from the honey pot.

It’s better to revolt whilst your young as it’s not quite so effective when your in a wheelchair

Not sure what the pensions crisis has to do with house prices and vice versa, particularly now that SIPPs cannot hold property.

1 ) You are wrong; SIPPs will be able to hold property, just not directly. REIT's and property unit trusts will still be admissible.

2 ) The pensions crisis is part of the reason people have been manically plowing their money into bricks and mortar; to imply that they are unrelated is either very naive or simply unobservant.