House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bovinedealer

Remember When Tv Was Good?

I loved those two series! I have the boxed set of AW Pet. Sweeney next then. :blink:

Modern broadcast TV is crap. The best stuff now comes from the USA.

I've been watching that program about the bloke from Crawley of Sri Lankan heritage going to Sri Lanka and doing all sorts of amusing capers to reclaim his heritage or something.

I have to say that I have found it pretty funny and entertaining. But then its probably some new and clever racist trap, where you go to work the next day, and say "did anyone see that Sri Lankan bloke from Crawley do the native dancing hahahahaha". Then all you colleagues look at you with contempt. And one of them hisses "racist!"

Fortunately I don't have a job so I'm just guessing.

Apart from that it seems to be never ending f*cking Bake Off on the box whenever I walk into the living room, so I don't stay for long.

There was a lot of stuff that was watched because there were only 3 channels to choose from. You got what you were given.

Can anyone imagine Royal It's A Knockout now?

I loved those two series! I have the boxed set of AW Pet. Sweeney next then. :blink:

Modern broadcast TV is crap. The best stuff now comes from the USA.

90's turnarond? X Files, Friends, Quantum Leap, NYPD Blue etc. Not so keen on the modern stuff though i.e. Game of Thrones - it's getting pumped out like pop music now :(

Suppose the last of decent British was the 80's - Red Dwarf, Only Fools, Open All Hours guess we were good at comedy until it all went PC! Cracker & Taggart come to mind as cop series, and Jonathan Creek!

I do recall enjoying Life on Mars but even that tailed off and the 2nd series was toss. Seems to be a correlation in the rise of the internet becoming better with TV going the opposite direction, very subjective mind.

90's turnarond? X Files, Friends, Quantum Leap, NYPD Blue etc. Not so keen on the modern stuff though i.e. Game of Thrones - it's getting pumped out like pop music now :(

Suppose the last of decent British was the 80's - Red Dwarf, Only Fools, Open All Hours guess we were good at comedy until it all went PC! Cracker & Taggart come to mind as cop series, and Jonathan Creek!

I do recall enjoying Life on Mars but even that tailed off and the 2nd series was toss. Seems to be a correlation in the rise of the internet becoming better with TV going the opposite direction, very subjective mind.

I liked Quantum Leap and McGiver.

Cracker was brilliant - loved it!

I was a big Seinfeld fan as well.

Brass Eye and The Fast Show:

All Creatures was good ...

... better than watching 'Supervet' anyday.

Everyone wants to see Dr. Who insert his arm into a cow vagina!

I did like Lovejoy - but I can't watch it now.

I always liked that one. Went on for years!

I always preferred Madam Servalan from Blake's Seven over Felicity Kendal, even though she has a motorway service station named after her, in Cumbria!

Actually I liked the Borg Queen. You can take her apart, and then put her back together again, and her "hair" lights up. How cool is that?

I knew a girl whose v***** was larger on the inside than on the outside.

Actually you might just have a small c0ck! :blink:;)

Don't forget 'Between the lines'

Aye, that was a good 'un! :huh: