House Price Crash Forum

Is Breakfast Necessary?

Trampa501

HOLA441

I never have breakfast and on the rare occasions I have lunch, means I'll probably only have a bit of cheese and crackers later on.

Usually it's just a large-ish dinner for me. Piece of meat/fish and shit loads of salad, couple of eggs as wel.

Most mornings 4/5 mile run and still no food until 4-5pm and I don't feel like I'm dead on my feet by then either. But, as has been said, everyone's different.

HOLA442

I stopped eating breakfast 2-3 years ago when I reached the dangerous 100kg landmark (185cm tall). Dropped down to 92, continued eating a lot of crap at night (so breakfast enabled me to stuff my face). Now, still don't eat breakfast unless maybe at the weekends, around 95 kg but only because I started going to the gym which always leads to to carry more water and a miniscule amount of muscle.

If I eat breakfast, I eat more other stuff as well. It sets off the hunger.

If I need extra powar, definitely breakfast. But just sitting in front of a computer at work doesn't require it.

HOLA443

Bloody savages in Scotland.

True.

And to prove the point - before 9am this morning I have had already - a boiled egg, a plum, a wee bowl of porage and some burd at work brought in some chocolate cupcakes - so one of them too.

A pig and a savage.

HOLA444
HOLA445

I do breakfast every morning about 5.45am around the time Farming Today comes on, (unsweetened porridge (2/3) water (1/3) milk), two slices of toast one with proactive marg and one with marmalade only and a cup of tea. A creature of habit, but don't do snacking after about 7pm.

Me and the wife are pretty slim on it, she is a size 8.

We are very much carb and sugar lovers (well that's cake later in the day), so hope the Government don't go taxing the stuff.

I think everybody should give the crashmonitor cake and carb diet a go.

HOLA446

I have breakfast every day at 5.15.

Always the same. Porridge with added ground almond. I suppose I could try skipping it, but I'm not sure why I would do that, or what I'd be hoping to achieve!

Porridge with ground almonds, added oat germ and blueberries. Excellent.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Never thought about the very obvious (now) meaning break - fast.

I still recall being asked in class at the age of 6 why I thought breakfast was so called. Being a young yorkie lad and coming from a house full of broad yorkie accents I replied 'is it 'cause it's t'furst brek o't day?'

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Frozen ones are cheaper, silly. I'm not skinteratti, I'm a pensioner.

I'll bet you'll be eating salty porage! The ideal family food! As your family grows, you just add more water!

Archived