House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

frozen_out

Help Me With An Annoying Windows 8 Issue

I've got windows 8 (8.1 I think) on my tablet and for some reason when I'm on HPC (or any forum for that matter), I'm not able to use the quote functionality in any browser (IE or Chrome). I suspect that for security reasons copy and paste is disabled in the browser (C+P doesn't work either) and that the quote facility is just an auto-copy paste in some way.

Copy and paste is absolutely fine in every other application. It's only the browser I have an issue with. Can anyone help?

Guest eight

It's the same for me on my Blackberry too. It's probably some special feature to dissuade us from spouting shite from roving locations.

I've got windows 8 (8.1 I think) on my tablet and for some reason when I'm on HPC (or any forum for that matter), I'm not able to use the quote functionality in any browser (IE or Chrome). I suspect that for security reasons copy and paste is disabled in the browser (C+P doesn't work either) and that the quote facility is just an auto-copy paste in some way.

Copy and paste is absolutely fine in every other application. It's only the browser I have an issue with. Can anyone help?

I think this is a security feature. Do you use any security software? Some software specifically disabled clipboard access for browsers (this is a security feature, but it does seem a bit overzealous to have it defaulted) - have a look in the settings.

Some people have found that "bluetooth send" on outlook is enabled then it stops c&p working elsewhere in windows including IE (seems mad, I know) - it is in the options/add-ins menu in outlook.

I think it's a bug/incompatibility in the forum software and/or IE.

It works in Windows 10 with IE11.

That said, by default, I have the reply box in plain text mode (top left icon above the reply box).

Then it always works.