House Price Crash Forum

Don't Tell The Bride, But With Houses...

HOLA441
HOLA442

"Mean while, Paul believed the properties in Sophie's favoured area were overpriced and wanted to pay less for a house that they could do up."

Mind you if they just change the way they fill in the mortgage application they probably could afford more...

HOLA443
HOLA444

His choice looks the better one to me, although maybe victim-hunter-hpcers can donate directly to them if the value falls or they need money for another holiday.

Paul carries Sophie over the threshold of their new home - which she now loves

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

She's 25, and her first home must be 'detached'... :o

Indeed.

My first thought was that she must be a bl**dy good shag to make it worthwhile for him to put up with such a spoilt princess.

When I think of the hardship that my grandparents generation went through, my grandad through D-Day etc, and I look at the indignant and unrealistic sense of 'entitlement' of so many of these 20 somethings I despair. It's obvious that IF, heavens forbid, any real national emergency ever befell this country again this bunch will be 'wiped out'.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Would YOU trust your partner to buy a new house? Couple given £15,000 towards a first home in new TV series - and the woman is left in tears over her partner's choice

• New TV show on Watch offers £15,000 to help couples buy a new house
  • They must spend three weeks apart and only one can choose the property
  • Sophie and Paul, from Preston, see their relationship rocked by experience

Anyway, men with beards are their own man, right? You are the one with the balls.

Car crash TV always gets the ratings, as well as cats riding on vacuum cleaners.

Plus the producers make the actors to make the most of it - a bit like those storage hunter programmes. Please, more crying and and more arguing!!

YAY!

Edited by 200p

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Won't that be the effect of the special estate agents' camera? I saw a photo yesterday in which the toilet looked well over a metre wide. The self-same model of camera, I suspect.

No not the camera, the door is being pushed in by the foot of the bed.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Wouldn't we all. The point being made was that her attitude/expectations are unreasonable - for their circumstances.

Actually I wouldn't. I'm unconvinced of the build quality or attractiveness of new builds. Would rather buy an older semi and add value over the years to get a better house then something shiny that will only look tatty down the line.

HOLA4422

Actually I wouldn't. I'm unconvinced of the build quality or attractiveness of new builds. Would rather buy an older semi and add value over the years to get a better house then something shiny that will only look tatty down the line.

Totally agree on the point re: build quality of modern mass produced new builds, but that is separate from the issue of one naturally preferring to have a detached over a semi.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4423

Totally agree on the point re: build quality of modern mass produced new builds, but that is separate from the issue of one naturally preferring to have a detached over a semi.

Almost zero preference. I'd prefer a either with more land.

HOLA4424

Indeed.

My first thought was that she must be a bl**dy good shag to make it worthwhile for him to put up with such a spoilt princess.

When I think of the hardship that my grandparents generation went through, my grandad through D-Day etc, and I look at the indignant and unrealistic sense of 'entitlement' of so many of these 20 somethings I despair. It's obvious that IF, heavens forbid, any real national emergency ever befell this country again this bunch will be 'wiped out'.

Couldn't agree more. She's probably already planning the 'new house' photoshoot she wants to do for social media. Probably booked in for prior teeth whitening and eyebrow work as well.

I'm not joking..

HOLA4425