House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Landlord Refuses To Fit Timer To Heating

My tightwad landlord has refused to fit a timer to our electric heating... So I've now got to get 3 timer/thermostats at about 40 quid a pop.. One per room. It's in ceiling heating rather than storage heaters... The latter have built in timers I believe.

Last time he came round he said they don't have much money and their two rental properties are their pension.

W#nkers.

I am sure that when you leave you can ensure you provide them with a suitable gift in each room. Prawns are eminently suitable I believe.

On a serious note, is your deposit protected and ensure you are covered for 'so-called' damage when you leave by having photos etc.

Deposit is not protected... But there's no inventory either...

My tightwad landlord has refused to fit a timer to our electric heating... So I've now got to get 3 timer/thermostats at about 40 quid a pop.. One per room. It's in ceiling heating rather than storage heaters... The latter have built in timers I believe.

Last time he came round he said they don't have much money and their two rental properties are their pension.

W#nkers.

Is this your first winter there? If so, before buying anything I'd wait and see whether the ceiling heating is of any use at all. My limited experience, and basic physics, suggest that heating a room from the top down is about as much use as lighting a birthday candle.

You might be better off spending the money on electric convector heaters with built-in timers.