House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fru-gal

Max Keiser Show - Mitch Feierstein On London Property (Does He Read Hpc)?

Yes...and he ended with a jaw shuddering prediction of world currency crashes.

This is just the beginning...

it is worth remembering that Feierstein has been saying the same thing since at least late 2011 and probably before that too

he can no more see the future accurately than you or I can

that doesn't mean he is wrong

nor does it mean he is right

So Mitch says"Prices are going to plummet within a year" - at least it's a firm time frame but hopefully it's more accurate this time than Max's last firm prediction which from memory was plummeting from April 2014.

Although to be fair to Max some would say that the signs of plummeting maybe started about that time and the signs maybe seem to be gaining a bit of momentum but actual general plummeting still hasn't arrived.

Edited by billybong

If you predict a crash every month or every year eventually you'll get it right. I used to think Harry Dent had a tiny bit of respectability until he posted a graph of papal visits to the U.S against the stock market. Apparently every time a pope comes to the U.S, a stock market crash happens shortly after! I like watching Keiser from an entertainment point of view and hearing an alternative view but a lot of it is conspiracy theories born from his eccentricity.

it is worth remembering that Feierstein has been saying the same thing since at least late 2011 and probably before that too

he can no more see the future accurately than you or I can

that doesn't mean he is wrong

nor does it mean he is right

Exactly.

... a lot of it is conspiracy theories born from his .

Desire for viewer numbers. And why not? He's in the media. That's all.

If you predict a crash every month or every year eventually you'll get it right. I used to think Harry Dent had a tiny bit of respectability until he posted a graph of papal visits to the U.S against the stock market. Apparently every time a pope comes to the U.S, a stock market crash happens shortly after! I like watching Keiser from an entertainment point of view and hearing an alternative view but a lot of it is conspiracy theories born from his eccentricity.

not really.

that's just god's way of reminding uncle sam WHY they ended up in america in the first place, and a warning not to go back to the people they were fleeing from,despite what sort of sales pitch and overtures of friendliness are being touted.

that being a rather gentle chastisement.

the next "reminder" may not be quite as kind, probably involving the re-instatement of quasi-inquisitions-and an everybody is guilty first sort of police state for a short period of time-say 6-12 months of police continually tazering/abducting people for no apparent reason, followed by a successful military coup to overthrow the inquisitors.

any sort of relapse after that,then it will be all out invasion and people being carted off to work in labour camps in foreign countries..if they survive the initial attack.

think of it like punishment for your kid if they do naughty stuff.

first you stop their pocket money

if they persist you withdraw the toys

if they still persist you ground them

if they STILL persist, then they get a good spank.

Edited by oracle

I think bland unsight would be a good guest for Max and Stacy - he could talk about his book.

OK, so he would be a bit less extreme that some of the other guests that appear, but I think it would be a good spot

"Apparently every time a pope comes to the U.S, a stock market crash happens shortly after!"

Well we must be due another one then as the pope's just been :)

I think bland unsight would be a good guest for Max and Stacy - he could talk about his book.

OK, so he would be a bit less extreme that some of the other guests that appear, but I think it would be a good spot

I second this. S/he's funny too so Max would like s/him.

Edited by fru-gal

Max and Stacy were taking a leaf out of Bland's verbal repertoire this week by mentioning face ripping an awful lot....coincidence?

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I think not!

Max and Stacy were taking a leaf out of Bland's verbal repertoire this week by mentioning face ripping an awful lot....coincidence?

I saw that one: the silverback gorilla of debt is going to come and rip a few faces off

Really?

That I would like to watch.

I picked up the delightful phrase years ago from reading Michael Lewis's seminal Liar's Poker. A bond trader nicknamed the Human Piranha is thus presumably the common source.

I'll now post a quote and see what the profanity filter leaves unripped.

“The Piranha didn’t talk like a person. He said things like “If you ******in’ buy this bond in a ******in’ trade, you’re ******in’ ******ed.” And “If you don’t pay ******in’ attention to the ******in’ two-year, you get your ******in’ face ripped off.” Noun, verb, adjective: ******er, ******, ******ing. No part of speech was spared. His world was filled with copulating inanimate objects and people getting their faces ripped off.”

OK, that's pretty funny; the quote had it's f**king f**s ripped off.

Ah; that's the origin is it... :)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liar's_Poker

Thanks Pipllman. Began playing it as stopped after this part here.

[4:58] you roll it over for ever lower rates ..but now we're at the end point where you can't roll over the debt so now we have to look that debt in the eye, and of course you never look a Silverback in the eye because it's going to rip your face off. [..]Let's have a look at the German mountain debt gorilla. (Deutsche Bank warning €6Bn losses). [..[it's going to rip your face off. It's going to rip your financial.. your wealth face off.

I began some light research into Deutsche Bank a week or so ago, on whether it was a future investment prospect. There's a lot of restructuring to be done but seems they've begun it. Holding off yet - lot more research to do. They've had their hand slapped a few times by US regulators in recent past. The debt too. Requires HPC imo vs their positions, then entry, - imo with a lot more research to do.

Edited by Venger

could indeed have been lifted from this very forum

references to SW8 etc.

Kudos to the great people on here :rolleyes::rolleyes: I remember vividly when the top of the market was called in summer 2014 on here. Interestingly, the oil price peaked at roughly the same time.