House Price Crash Forum

Facebook Paid Some Tax. Fantastic. Not

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34504474

Its most recent Companies House filing shows the company as making a pre-tax loss of £28.5m last year, but the firm also paid its 362 UK staff a total of £35.4m in share bonuses.
The share bonuses amount to £96,000 on average per UK Facebook employee.
It means Facebook's UK corporation tax bill was less than the tax the average UK employee paid on their salary.
The average UK salary is £26,500 on which employees pay a total of £5,392.80 in income tax and national insurance contributions.

I wonder how many people who work at FB get tax credits?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34504474

Its most recent Companies House filing shows the company as making a pre-tax loss of £28.5m last year, but the firm also paid its 362 UK staff a total of £35.4m in share bonuses.

The share bonuses amount to £96,000 on average per UK Facebook employee.

It means Facebook's UK corporation tax bill was less than the tax the average UK employee paid on their salary.

The average UK salary is £26,500 on which employees pay a total of £5,392.80 in income tax and national insurance contributions.

I wonder how many people who work at FB get tax credits?

I dislike facebook (and refuse to use them) because I'm against Enclosure of the Commons, which is their whole business model.

But I applaud them for minimising their corporation tax bill. One more demonstration that that particular tax is not fit for purpose.

HOLA446

I dislike facebook (and refuse to use them) because I'm against Enclosure of the Commons, which is their whole business model.

But I applaud them for minimising their corporation tax bill. One more demonstration that that particular tax is not fit for purpose.

Likewise, I cant stand FaceAche and avoid it and all its imitators like the plague. I like your perspective about social networking sights being akin to the Enclosures.

I take you point about them demonstrating that corporation Tax is broken but I am not sure enough people really care or get how they are being taken advantage of by these Corporations and large Companies. I think the safest view to take about Big Business is that 'they are not your friends' and they will fleece you if they can.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Its just immoral.

Just so I've got this straight - we are complaining about a company distributing all its profits to its employees (rather than say the directors trousering it all) and in a manner which ensures that the employees get the benefits instead of the gov ?.

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

How does Facebook actually make money anyway?

Any individual or organisation who "starves the beast" has my approval. Our government just pisses other peoples money up the wall.

In a word, advertising. Facebook has so many users that if it was a country, it would be the 3rd largest in the world.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419