House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kjw

Eu Referendum: Three Ex-Prime Ministers And A Loose Women Panellist Front Push To Stay In The Eu

Three former prime ministers, the ex-head of the army and a panellist on Loose Women are joining the push to stay in the EU.

The "in" campaign, expected to be called Britain Stronger in Europe, has the backing of Sir John Major, Tony Blair and Gordon Brown.

Chaired by ex-Marks & Spencer boss Lord Rose, the board includes former chief of the general staff Sir Peter Wall.

Other members have backgrounds in the arts, while former T4 presenter June Sarpong - now a panellist on ITV's Loose Women - has been drafted in to help appeal to younger voters.

According to the Sunday Times, she is likely to front the campaign's advertisements in cinemas.

Baroness Karren Brady, the West Ham United vice-chairwoman and Apprentice star, will have a central role, alongside Innocent drinks co-founder Richard Reed.

Jude Kelly, the artistic director of London's Southbank Centre, has also signed up, along with Liverpool University vice-chancellor Janet Beer and former TUC general secretary Brendan Barber.

Longstanding Europhile politicians such as Lord Mandelson, Sir Danny Alexander, Damian Green, and Green MP Caroline Lucas are joining. [more at link]

http://nr.news-republic.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=4&articleid=49713150&source=facebook

politicians have long been the mouthpeices of their paymasters...debate does not exist, they have their minds made up and all they do is argue their corner, at times ridiculed but dont give a toss about correcting their case..for it is not theirs.

Blair and Brown are looking for work, well paid and with plenty of pomp.

The Eu is their natural "google workplace" with all the swings and slides and in office sleep pods they could possibly want.

Writing in the newspaper, Lord Rose accused those who want to leave the EU of "fantasyland" economics and branded their claims that Britain would thrive outside "bravado, not patriotism".

Quitting the union would cost every family £3,000 a year, he warned.

Instead he indulges in plucking figures out of thin air economics and the UK goes deeper and deeper into debt.

Does Blair really not understand how much everyone hates him? If he does want us to stay in the EU then keeping his mouth shut would be the best support he could give.

Dan: Alan, this is Bob Fraser.

Bob: I own Sexton’s Garden Centre.

Alan: Wow. Hey, I’ll tel you. If a bomb went off in here tonight, the whole of society would collapse. In Norwich… for a bit.

Does Blair really not understand how much everyone hates him? If he does want us to stay in the EU then keeping his mouth shut would be the best support he could give.

As a staunch Eurosceptic, I'm all for Mr Blair becoming a prominent mouthpiece for the yes campaign. :)

I note the SNP have not joined the in campaign (unless I am wrong).

Basically I think they'll hope the country as a whole will vote out and Scotland votes in and then use that as an excuse for triggering another independence vote from England. But they don't necessarily want to be campaigning in case it causes the entire UK to vote to stay in.

Could be, but that position might be seen as reckless and may lose them votes. Anyway they will be questioned hard on this and will have to take a position, AND the EZ will be well down the road to implosion hopefully by the time they get another independence referendum up and running. I think that if we get more and more immigrants pouring into Europe in the run up to this the sheeple might vote to leave. Basically if DA wants it, I don`t :lol: His face alone will do wonders for the EXIT vote.

I think Sarpong just goes where the gig is, like the rest of the Loose Women cast, see she opposed Scottish independence as well. She is nearly 40 so I don`t get the "appeal to young" bit. To me the "young" who are likely to be interested in politics are the 15 - 21 age group, and I don`t know who "speaks" to them nowadays, does anyone? Brand is the closest I can guess, but he is 40 odd as well....

It seems to me that those prepared to publicly campaign for "yes" are also those likely to benefit personally and financially from EU membership.

Absolutely this ^.

I saw that Call Me Dave's four demands have now been revealed by the Torygraph.

i. Either Bourbons or HobNobs to be available at all EU meetings

ii. Britain to keep the Union Jack

iii. Birds to fly south for winter

iv. Erm and that's about it.

I saw that Call Me Dave's four demands have now been revealed by the Torygraph.

i. Either Bourbons or HobNobs to be available at all EU meetings

ii. Britain to keep the Union Jack

iii. Birds to fly south for winter

iv. Erm and that's about it.

Yes, it is all just Panto. Will be interesting if the masses get behind an Exit vote, what will the PTB do?

i laughed so hard when i saw blair, then i saw brown. blair a guy that cant walk down a street without being arrested and brown, best known for browns bottom and the destruction of the uk finances. if only the vote wasnt rigged.

if we get more and more immigrants pouring into Europe in the run up to this the sheeple might vote to leave. Basically if DA wants it, I don`t :lol: His face alone will do wonders for the EXIT vote.

It could do the opposite however. Do the number of immigrants out number us yet.