House Price Crash Forum

Which Markets Do Well In A Economic Down Turn ?

crock

HOLA441
HOLA442

Do some reading on Neil Woodford, fund manager of Invesco Perpetual fund

Over a year ago he moved much of his find into tobacco, booze, utilities, away from things sensitive to consumer spending. I bet gambling would be another good one.

Debt recovery services will also do very well.

Anything do do with repairing instead of replacing (ie get your shoes fixed for £8 intead of replacing them for £50, I often watch the number of people visiting "shoe bars" at stations)

Interestingly he thinks we're going to see a major correction in the housing market very soon.

Spot on.

Edited by BandWagon

HOLA443

Over a year ago he moved much of his find into tobacco, booze, utilities, away from things sensitive to consumer spending. I bet gambling would be another good one.

Anything do do with repairing instead of replacing (ie get your shoes fixed for £8 intead of replacing them for £50, I often watch the number of people visiting "shoe bars" at stations)

Interestingly he thinks we're going to see a major correction in the housing market very soon.

Spot on.

Thanks for that !

HOLA444

Spot on.

I have invested in Neil Woodfood's fund over the past year, and have been very pleased with its performance (20% up since May)

BUT,

It did fall with everything else during that mini crash in October, which makes me concerned that it and similar non-cyclical investments will suffer with everything else in a real downturn.