House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Urban Outfitters Asks Employees To Work For Free On Weekends

http://nypost.com/2015/10/08/urban-outfitters-asks-employees-to-work-for-free-on-weekends/

Urban Outfitters has asked salaried workers at the company’s home office to “volunteer” for extra weekend shifts at a new fulfillment center in the town of Gap, Pennsylvania.

In an email, the company asked for weekend workers to “pick, pack and prepare packages for shipment.” The three brands beneath the Urban umbrella are Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters and Free People.

Volunteers would work six-hour shifts in exchange for lunch and transportation, if required. The email advises participants to wear “sneakers and comfortable clothing” to prepare for this “team building activity.”

The picking, packing and preparing that’s required are jobs that normally pay wages. But this sort of request is a common occurrence in the industry when there’s a new fulfillment center, according to a spokesperson. The company sought help for next weekend, the one after, and Oct. 31.

Hourly-wage workers were excluded from the email, though the company said some of them responded.

Yeah, this is what George wants us all to be like. Working for free for big corporations being paid isn't enough anymore you need to volunteer to work for free and no doubt keep your job!

http://nypost.com/2015/10/08/urban-outfitters-asks-employees-to-work-for-free-on-weekends/

Yeah, this is what George wants us all to be like. Working for free for big corporations being paid isn't enough anymore you need to volunteer to work for free and no doubt keep your job!

Corbyn seems to have no problem asking the highly-skilled and talented to work for the government without any pay for the majority of the their lives, so what's the issue?

Corbyn seems to have no problem asking the highly-skilled and talented to work for the government without any pay for the majority of the their lives, so what's the issue?

In fairness, Corbyn is not alone in this! I think the current Govt. are in the same scam.

In fairness, Corbyn is not alone in this! I think the current Govt. are in the same scam.

I wouldn't disagree with you there.

The owners of Urban Outfitters are complete slimeballs. This totally doesn't surprise me.

If the Board of Directors was all there, I would go

I would start working when they did and leave when they did

And I would pack as many orders as the slowest one of them did

So Urban Outfitters want their employees to work for free so they can make more profit for their shareholders/pay their bosses more? North Korea, here we come...

Not clear if they mean it as an opening, one weekend, team building thing or on a regular basis. If they meant regularly I'd be telling them to suck my d**k.