House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiritinthesky

John Lennon

Seemed sound when younger - then turned into a grade A ghandi wannabe ****.

I never knew him of course so only going by what I have seen.

I'd rather meet George Harrison, but not too soon. :unsure:

I thought he was great. More raw than Paul, which I like. Kind of flawed but aren't we all? Had mellowed a lot at the end and seemed to have both found happiness and the music bug again. Very sad day, the day he was shot.

Through the music brought a lot of joy to the world. It still resonates - more so The Beatles catalogue. Paul has probably got a bad deal out of his premature demise.

Happy birthday Johnny..

Guest eight

Love the "Beautiful Boy" montage in the film Mr Peabody and Sherman so that's something, I suppose.

Great musician.

Bit nasty generally though.

Like when he kicked the sound engineer off the roof in the Abbey Road concert, brilliant track though

Like when he kicked the sound engineer off the roof in the Abbey Road concert, brilliant track though

The Rutles were fab, or is that pre-fab.

The Archaeology album is pretty good.

Lennon was a f@cking w@nker - I just don't understand why the sheeple thought he was so wonderful

+1

Great songwriter, great frontman, the driving force behind the Beatles, possibly the greatest band of all time. If he had been shot at 25 he would be an all-time icon.

Then he met Yoko Ono and became rubbish and with the fame to let everybody know what an idiot he had become.

I think the Beatles made some genuinely good songs. Hardly a dud amongst them. In fact I heard them so many times in my youth, I got not to like them, and have none of their recorded music. I imagine (ha ha) Mr Lennon was hard to work with.

I think the Beatles made some genuinely good songs. Hardly a dud amongst them. In fact I heard them so many times in my youth, I got not to like them, and have none of their recorded music. I imagine (ha ha) Mr Lennon was hard to work with.

I also have no Beatles records for that reason. Anybody who was a child in the 70s will be be able to press "Play" and hear Eleanor Rigby, Hey Jude, Yellow Submarine etc. in their head so no need to buy it.

By all accounts, he had a nasty side:

'Fifth Beatle' died after fight with Lennon, sister claims
JOHN LENNON ONCE ALMOST BEAT A MAN TO DEATH

Well, If I could have only one cassette (yes. I`m living in the 21 century me, none of them records for me) then it would be a beatles one.

And who hasn't nearly beaten someone to death?