House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fru-gal

Downton Abbey Star Jim Carter Leads Campaign Against 'ridiculous' Housing Regeneration Plans In West Hampstead

A lot of them are keen to support the supply/demand argument (rather than excess credit levels) on the TV and in the media but not when it's anywhere near them.

Edited by billybong

Man 'famous' for pretending to be somebody else, doesn't want the wrong sort of licence payers living near him........

Absolutely, we don't want their sort in West Hampstead My Lord, one has to maintain standards and traditions.

The demographic of the people represented in the "protest" propaganda picture says it all really, middle class, white urban luvvies who are well appointed and privileged thank you very much, multiple property owning, little england, don't want any working class oiks living near my bridge club daaaarling types.The type who will drive a massive gas guzzling 4 x 4 whilst going on protests to stop vital homes being built on a patch of disused land anywhere close to their little pied de terre, because badgers like to take a dump on it occasionally and constantly moan about global warming on the plane to one of their multiple holiday homes in the med...arrrrrgggg

Or am I just generalising? :rolleyes:

I think in situations like this where the boomer nimbys don't want any new residential buildings, there should be a huge increase in their council tax. Councils need more and more money and they can get this from the council tax of new residents. If nimbys don't want new residents they can pay more into the pot, besides they are the ones often benefiting from council services so let them fund it.

I lived in West Hampstead during the early 90's and it was a very mixed place. Lots of students living in flats and not many people would could afford a whole house. Infrastructure was really poor then with very few doctors etc.

The building site for this would run be right by the Thames link railway line.

The demographic of the people represented in the "protest" propaganda picture says it all really, middle class, white urban luvvies who are well appointed and privileged thank you very much, multiple property owning, little england, don't want any working class oiks living near my bridge club daaaarling types.The type who will drive a massive gas guzzling 4 x 4 whilst going on protests to stop vital homes being built on a patch of disused land anywhere close to their little pied de terre, because badgers like to take a dump on it occasionally and constantly moan about global warming on the plane to one of their multiple holiday homes in the med...arrrrrgggg

Or am I just generalising? :rolleyes:

That'd be my take. People roll out environmental arguments very very cheaply.

I think in situations like this where the boomer nimbys don't want any new residential buildings, there should be a huge increase in their council tax. Councils need more and more money and they can get this from the council tax of new residents. If nimbys don't want new residents they can pay more into the pot, besides they are the ones often benefiting from council services so let them fund it.

This is one of the most sensible things I've heard in a long time.

This is one of the most sensible things I've heard in a long time.

This mechanism exists, although I'm not in favour of it.

If they want to stop building, they can buy the land.

Why don't they do that?

I also agree....posh people should pay posh prices if they want to keep their area kinda posh....