House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spyguy

A Generation Of 20 + 30 Yo Living In Their Childhood Bedroom

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3263188/I-serve-decade-Downing-Street-says-Cameron-asserts-authority-ministers-jockeying-job.html

My childhood bedroom, which was some foam on the landing at he top of stairs, was great!

I had frogs and stuff.

All my washing was done for me.

Never had to tidy.

Did not have tidy up or anything.

Interesting collection of topics.

It really does look like the Cons have made a strategic decision to occupy the centre rather than moving to the right.

No mention of hardworking slumlords. Strange.

If you want to move out, it seems you need a partner. Even that may not be enough. Time for polyamorous relationships due to economic factors?

Great idea. I'll run that past my wife and see if I live.

what about the 40 year olds living in HMOs.

time to leave the UK

With everything that has been in the news that's more or less what I've decided, screw this country, I've worked since the day I finished uni, never claimed benefits, got on my proverbial bike to find work when redundancy was looming, what do I get? My taxes being spunked away on HTB etc.

Thankfully we're in the EU so I can move anywhere in the EU to work for the time being - yes pillocks the law that gives Poles the right to work here gives us the right to work there. Mind you my maternal grandfather was Irish so I suspect I can get Irish citizenship, something I've never had any desire to do, but if push comes to shove...

With everything that has been in the news that's more or less what I've decided, screw this country, I've worked since the day I finished uni, never claimed benefits, got on my proverbial bike to find work when redundancy was looming, what do I get? My taxes being spunked away on HTB etc.

Thankfully we're in the EU so I can move anywhere in the EU to work for the time being - yes pillocks the law that gives Poles the right to work here gives us the right to work there. Mind you my maternal grandfather was Irish so I suspect I can get Irish citizenship, something I've never had any desire to do, but if push comes to shove...

..Churchill was centuries ahead of his time with prefabs ..tell Dave ....who...?...you know Dave the Eton boy.....

http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/NOSTALGIA-homes-Churchill-weren-t-built/story-26084242-detail/story.html

..in the early 50's the Tories under Churchill were building 400,000 plus houses a year...tell dave ..if you see him down the pub ....tell him..even MacMillan the Tory left of centre took up the cudgel...these were council houses..... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

Thankfully we're in the EU so I can move anywhere in the EU to work for the time being

But for how much longer, I'm not really in favour of the EU but the one thing it has going for it is a possible escape route

But for how much longer, I'm not really in favour of the EU but the one thing it has going for it is a possible escape route

..hah..ha ...the grass is always greener elsewere for some ..but that green can be a sludgy grime.... :rolleyes:

I watched an old episode of Property Snakes-and-Ladders on 4OD last night. Some couple, Nigel and Gilly, caught out in the soft-HPC of 2008, on a Henley house refurb (they already had a home elsewhere they were keeping). Hoped to sell the project house it for £675K. Towards end, and EA says house across the road was on at £599K and dropped to £499K and still hasn't sold. Nigel and Gilly sold their main home and moved into the Henley project. Will be worth the £675K or more now, in 2015.

Sadly the breakdowners - 'They just wanted a home / innocent for taking jumbo mortgages / victim of the banks who had guns at their heads ' excuse givers won. and we got QE and 0.5% and Global the same, houses prices steadying, then rocketing up to new peaks.

The starter home scheme involves the construction of homes costing up to £250,000 outside London and £450,000 in the capital. There is no income limit on applicants, but they must be first-time buyers and live in the homes they purchase. Tory sources last night said changing the definition of affordable housing would make schemes more attractive to both developers and families, and help boost overall house building.

I know someone who is 42 and still living with their parents, they have a decent job as well. Sadly they just missed the chance to buy in 1995-97 (20 years ago now)

Edited by iamnumerate

I know someone who is 42 and still living with their parents, they have a decent job as well. Sadly they just missed the chance to buy in 1995-97 (20 years ago now)

Back in the 1980s under the evil Margaret Thatcher such a situation was so unusual it was worthy of a sitcom, here. http://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memory/sorry-tv-show

Of course, Bliar made things better by tripling house prices.