House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

What If? You Could Go Back?

I always quite fancied being a professor, or something, and did hard sums, and looked for small particles. Unfortunately I was not academic, and didn't know much maths. :blink:

I always quite fancied being a professor, or something, and did hard sums, and looked for small particles. Unfortunately I was not academic, and didn't know much maths. :blink:

In another life Mr. Pin. In another life.

Yesterday is now further away than the farthest planet. Tomorrow is an undiscovered country.

I wasted my academic life drinking beer and fondling women. It was a good waste really, but I really think I could have achieved more. I blew my head up doing 3 A levels in 9 months, and should have had a year off before university. I wanted to do something academic, but I got into heating and ventilating.

Relative to this website, if I could go back I'd retrain as an architect!

Then I would design decent homes that people would want to live in - not the s**tboxes that are being built nowadays. B)

Relative to this website, if I could go back I'd retrain as an architect!

Then I would design decent homes that people would want to live in - not the s**tboxes that are being built nowadays. B)

You would have to go back to the 1930s. Agreed, shitboxes are being built now.

In retrospect, I might have done medicine. Didn't think of it at the time.

I've sort of got to where I wanted to be when I was 18. Now I can do all the things that I wanted to do as long as my health remains good and I can make the break from work which is a bit daunting.

Thoroughly happy with what I've achieved although it's been a very bumpy ride.

Going back, I'd have had more confidence to do chemistry A' level, which would have changed my career path.

I'd have stayed in America after my first Post doc there.

But actually, although what I have done has contributed knowledge and changed things, actually, the world has been here for a few billion years and the knowledge I've given won't make any difference to the next few billion, and so my time would have been best spent seeing the World for myself; probably sailing or cycling around with minimal possessions.

I've sort of got to where I wanted to be when I was 18. Now I can do all the things that I wanted to do as long as my health remains good and I can make the break from work which is a bit daunting.

Frank, I admire your career choice as a truck driving accountant!

I wasted my academic life drinking beer and fondling women. It was a good waste really, but I really think I could have achieved more. I blew my head up doing 3 A levels in 9 months, and should have had a year off before university. I wanted to do something academic, but I got into heating and ventilating.

That does not sound a waste, Mr P. Frankly, I wish I'd done more of at least one of those during my academic life. I've now reached the age where the Sunscreen song appears to becoming true.

Thoroughly happy with what I've achieved although it's been a very bumpy ride.

Going back, I'd have had more confidence to do chemistry A' level, which would have changed my career path.

I'd have stayed in America after my first Post doc there.

But actually, although what I have done has contributed knowledge and changed things, actually, the world has been here for a few billion years and the knowledge I've given won't make any difference to the next few billion, and so my time would have been best spent seeing the World for myself; probably sailing or cycling around with minimal possessions.

You can have my chemistry A Level if you like. Why bother to sit it yourself?

If I knew then what I know now I would be backing winners through the card at Ascot, scooping the football pools every time there were eight score draws and be getting the jackpot on the Euromillions lottery on all the roll overs.

Depends what grade

Is it any use on a yacht or a bicycle ?

I'm afraid I got an A grade which means I am qualified to make amphetamines, and other illegal drugs. The yacht or bicycle might get a bit strange.

In 1973 or thereabouts a friend suggested instead of buying a car I should use the money as a deposit on a house. IIRC a two bedroom flat or even house was about £4 or £5k. The same time the following year prices had doubled. A new Aston Martin DB5 was £3k or £4k. Oh for a crystal ball.

If I could build a time machine I would go back and look for someone called Pizza Hut on MySpace.

Bumped into a former Headteacher and she was deeply unimpressed with my career choice and accused me of intellectually coasting.

Do sometimes wonder if I could have made more money or contribution to society if I wasn't as easily distracted and didn't enjoy dicking around so much - I'm not sure, in reality, if I had access to a time machine I'd use it any less friviously,

I say perhaps I should have done that, not done that or done that differently.... But no, no regrets else I may have become a different person to the one I am today.....life and life experiences make us who we are......happy with that.

I sold a Harley Davidson to get a deposit to buy a flat. What sort of fool would do that? I looked it up on DVLA, and it is still going 25 years later, but somebody has painted it red, and it was a white police bike when I had it.