House Price Crash Forum

Hpcers - You're Just Lazy And Do Not Work Hard Enough

spyguy

HOLA441

I acted as a leader within my team ....

"Darren...make sure all the labels on our pork-style budget sausage rolls are facing the customers.."

I personally wouldn't have put anything under his Morrison's shelf stacker job. Complete waste of effort.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

That's excellent, genuinely, if a potential employer were to read that without actually thinking about the content (actually there isn't any but that's the point, just words words words) then it's a job in the bag. It's such a meaningless statement of character that I think it could apply to anyone, no one specific perhaps even your pet tortoise. So good in fact I'm stealing it for myself as bartender this time next year rodders I'll be on a £100,000 salary. Minor adjustment made as I'm not studying towards anything hmmmm

I suspect he has some real ability at talking the talk, and furthermore I think he is really into his technology, which is something you can't fake. Combined with a decent CS degree and I suspect employers will love him.

Still paid 100k too much for his house though.

Edited by Si1

HOLA443

I suspect he has some real ability at talking the talk googling the google, and furthermore I think he is really into his technology, which is something you can't fake. Combined with a decent CS degree and I suspect employers will love him.

HOLA444

I suspect he has some real ability at talking the talk, and furthermore I think he is really into his technology, which is something you can't fake. Combined with a decent CS degree and I suspect employers will love him.

These folk are never really much good, they soon go for some sort of managerial type job because they cant cut it as a coder. They seem so much more clever to other managerial types because they have some knowledge but real coders despise them.

I pity him I think he will have some harsh life lessons but then that's what the powers want, non thinking career minded, safe, containable people buying lots of debt.

HOLA445

My role as an assistant developed my communication and team working skills within a busy work environment. I coped with significant pressure and demand by prioritising my time and focusing on key tasks. As a natural problem solver I find the challenge of creating innovative solutions to problems within a task both rewarding and stimulating. My personal motivation and organisation skills were intensely developed by the need to balance my academic studies with my work. By taking on extra responsibility, I acted as a leader within my team managing the team tasks and striving to develop my team members by training them with my own knowledge. I needed to remain focused, motivating my team with my own enthusiasm positive outlook and target driven focus, engaging with them and empowering them in order to gain their commitment. My pride in demonstrating personal ownership and supporting my team drives me to succeed.

(his role profile for his time as a shop assistant in Morrisons - A+ for effort frankly!)

It's this kind of utter ****** that inspired me to give the giant bird to my corporate career a fortnight ago.

HOLA446
HOLA447

These folk are never really much good, they soon go for some sort of managerial type job because they cant cut it as a coder. They seem so much more clever to other managerial types because they have some knowledge but real coders despise them.

I pity him I think he will have some harsh life lessons but then that's what the powers want, non thinking career minded, safe, containable people buying lots of debt.

I did use to think people like this were idiots.

20 years of work has shown most to be dangerous idiots -

'Hold on, you've just sold xx, which costs us 100k, for 90k! And thrown in free training. To make the sale you. You do know how business works don't you, you know selling stuff for more money than it costs to make. Whats that? You were not good at maths.'

HOLA448

It's this kind of utter ****** that inspired me to give the giant bird to my corporate career a fortnight ago.

And me four years ago at 39.My CV would now be,hate working for a corporate,no interest at all in it,never will again.The end.

Im glad people like that couple exist though.The government and bankers can keep them trapped and paying tax until they are 70.

My only concern is keeping my work/hours at tax allowance level and my dividends under the new allowance.

HOLA449

Well I too dislike the corporate treadmill and mostly manage to avoid it.

However on hpc we criticise workshy scroungers, and then criticise hard working corporate monkeys like this chap. I think he shouldn't be the focus of our ire.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

good luck to the happy couple.

it must be nice to be young and naive.

the life they are choosing probably worked really well for their parents. job for life. forever HPI. final salary pension. child benefits. free university education that served them well.

maybe they'll be as lucky.

I can't see it myself but who knows what the future holds.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Wonder what their commuting costs - in time and money are?

Letchworth to London bout an hour time wise

Price wise 4k to Kings cross , if they need to tube travel is £5168k ..

Also where did they get the deposit from ?

Do they have student debt ?

HOLA4415

'At 24, we have a house and earn £100,000. What could possibly go wrong?'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/money-saving-tips/11881798/At-24-we-have-a-house-and-earn-100000.-What-could-possibly-go-wrong.html

This bit confuses me:

'Both are employed on coveted graduate training schemes, which offer increasing levels of pay each year. Miss Mills works in finance and Mr Kelly is a computer programmer.

As a result, they will both be higher-rate taxpayers by 2017, when their joint household income will be just shy of £100,000.'

Would you really count your chickens on that?

..financial illiterates... :rolleyes:

HOLA4416

Letchworth to London bout an hour time wise

Price wise 4k to Kings cross , if they need to tube travel is £5168k ..

Also where did they get the deposit from ?

Do they have student debt ?

So thats; probably about 8k post tax income gone.

It all chips away.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

The wedding will be paid for by parents. Their credit card debt paid for their 5% mortgage deposit

From the comments: "They just need to put an en suite bathroom in to increase the value of their home by 50% and 'release the equity' for the wedding costs. Simple"

Good luck to them anyway. Seem OK couple.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421