House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
workingpoor

Air France Bosses Have Shirts Ripped From Their Backs After Announcing 3000 Job Losses

Gotta hand it to the French they do take action instead of being walked over.

HR director trying to scale a fence to escape with his clothes in rags.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/industry/11911943/AIr-Frances-HR-boss-his-shirt-as-he-escapes-furious-mob.html

Xavier Broseta, assistant HR manager, flees crowd after 3,000 job cuts announced at airline

Two senior executives of Air France had their shirts ripped off their backs after being cornered by a furious mob protesting against job cuts at the airline.

Assistant HR director Xavier Broseta found himself pitched in the middle of a scrum after several hundred employees invaded the offices of Air France, interrupting a meeting of the company's Central Committee (CCE) in Roissy-en-France.

Edited by workingpoor

Blokes who work in HR :blink:

Also, assistant director :wacko: Can the main director not handle the role?

Edited by bendy

You just know there are international biz execs right now desperate to open up shop in France and hire hundreds

It's always amusing to watch the French doing this kind of thing. I'm looking forward to the presidential elections - when are they again?

Air France is pretty rubbish, so the job losses don't really surprise me. I hope they don't strike this week, I have a family member on a business trip flying Air France.

xavier-broseta-2_3463842b.jpg

Looks like they're trying to get into the Channel Tunnel...

Looks like Brendan Rodgers in that pic. (I've only just found out he was sacked yesterday).

i've flown Air France once, the actual cabin service part was good, but it was let down by my almost being trapped like Tom Hanks in "terminal" at Paris Charles de Gaulle due to an Air France administration cockup.

Still at least they arent protesting in the same way as the German Wings pilot! Mind due I fly Swiss / Lufthansa a lot, and I think there staff have something to complain about.

Edited by reddog

Air France is a pathetic airline. The fact they team up with Alitalia and KLM says it all.

Nevertheless, French workers get serious when they are trifled with. Interesting.

Still wouldn't fly them

I got am apology from air France telling me this was the act of a minority and the companies actions were justified.

I replied saying I supported the workers and you have to worry about any company that can drive people to such desperate acts.

sadly the reply bounced.