House Price Crash Forum

College Shooting Massacre ++Breaking++ 15+ Dead..!

pl1

I liked this post midway through

Anonymous Thu 01 Oct 2015 19:52:19 No.22787588,184 ReportDelete
Hello everyone,

My name is Rory Cellan-Jones, I am a reporter for the BBC.

It's looking like the shooter could have posted on here this morning. Can any of you tell me about his post?

Do any of you know the shooter? Did any of you react to the thread? Would you be comfortable appearing on the BBC to give your views and a overview of your interactions in the thread and the general theme of the thread and the responses in general?

:lol: The BBC are an absolute shower

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.... I bet most of the gun deaths in russia are drunken hunting/gun cleaning accidents/kids playing dare ....

[Errol]

There are no handgun deaths in Russia, all gun deaths in Russia are figmant of imagination of western propaganda, no Russian ever die from hangun, especially all anti Putin activists who suddenly die of "natural causes".

[Errol/]

Maybe, but if you want to kill lots of people that becomes more than a detail; you can kill 1 person with a knife, if you want to kill 10 you need a gun.

Utter ********. The biggest non-terrorist, private sector mass murder in America was carried out with a can of petrol and a match. Killed nearly a hundred people in a nightclub, if I remember correctly.

BTW, I saw a post on another site claiming that the Russians are claiming they tried to warn the US government about this guy a couple of weeks ago, but the Yanks refused to take their list of suspected Islamic nutters. No idea whether it's true, or just another conspiracy theory.

I err towards America simply being a country with a violence problem. I admit I'm not sure though. There is a lot of domestic and international counter-evidence that more guns means more crime. On the question if it's possible to commit mass murder without a gun - I can definitely think of lots of messed up ways it can be done and I know some of them have been done e.g. starting fires.

That was referring to the gun not the gun man.

I think it's odd that shooter is being used this time.

You can plot graphs of word usage on the web at https://www.google.com/trends/

Here's the graph you get if you search for "the shooter" and "the gunman" (I originally tried with "shooter" and "gunman", but a game called "bubble shooter" seemed to be confusing matters).

1zpnslg.png

It looks like "shooter" wins out over time. There are a couple of big spikes in 2015, but I think that's probably got to do with how long back Google's archive goes, rather than some recent dramatic change in usage.

Edit: here's what happens when you zoom in to the last 12 months. Oddly, "shooter" seems to be less popular.

24g3v3k.png

It's possibly a case of wonderful British pontificating, at how civilised we are and the "colonials" are not. Of course guns exist. Most people are not mass murderers on medication. In my only few experiences of the USA, you are more likely to be invited round for a meal, and Church on Sunday, than murdered. I didn't get murdered there, but I was invited to Church. I went, and it was rather nice really.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but do you have a source for that?

I have to admit I cannot find an authoritative statement to the support 1 in 4. Figures seem hard to find, the studies that seem to be referenced a lot are 10 years old now.

According to the Mental Health Foundation:

Estimates vary, but research suggests that 20% of children have a mental health problem in any given year, and about 10% at any one time. (Lifetime Impacts: Childhood and Adolescent Mental Health, Understanding The Lifetime Impacts, Mental Health Foundation, 2005)

And boys are more likely to be diagnosed than girls - http://www.hscic.gov.uk/catalogue/PUB06116/ment-heal-chil-youn-peop-gb-2004-rep2.pdf

As for the trend since then (BBC from 2013):

There has been a 50% rise in England in the use of drugs for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in six years.
NHS prescriptions for methylphenidate drugs, including Ritalin, rose from 420,000 in 2007 to 657,000 last year, the Care Quality Commission said.

Maybe it's not 1 in 4 in the UK yet, but I doubt it's massively out..

I took my 13 year old to a gun range in Florida at Christmas. Scared the sh*t out of me. We showed our passports, signed a form and they handed over a couple of VERY powerful (44 calibre) handguns, a box of bullets and a target and said off you go. My son wasn't fazed but to me, standing in a room with 20 odd guys that I knew nothing about, each of them armed, was a very odd and unnerving experience. Put on the ear protectors so one of your senses is removed and it really is quite surreal.

Turns out my lad was quite a good shot and most of them couldn't hit the proverbial barn door so I am staying close to him if the fighting breaks out!

I took my 13 year old to a gun range in Florida at Christmas. Scared the sh*t out of me. We showed our passports, signed a form and they handed over a couple of VERY powerful (44 calibre) handguns, a box of bullets and a target and said off you go.

That sounds like a fun day out! :wacko:;)

You need to borrow a thirteen year old boy to get the full experience. Might get asked a few tricky questions.

"What are you doing here Bishop?" :huh:

'Never go East of Aldgate without a firearm Watson'

Sherlock Holmes

You can always buy one when you get there, from a dodgy bloke in a cheesy pub. :wacko:

"Beta Uprising" "Beta Rebellion" are recurrent phrases that are attributable to a number of recent US shooting incidents, it has been revealed that James Holmes the 2012 colorado cinema shooter said the attack was part of a "Beta Uprising"

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/4chan-school-threat-colleges-r9k-harassment-beta-uprising-oregon-shooting/

"Beta Uprising" "Beta Rebellion" are recurrent phrases that are attributable to a number of recent US shooting incidents, it has been revealed that James Holmes the 2012 colorado cinema shooter said the attack was part of a "Beta Uprising"

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/4chan-school-threat-colleges-r9k-harassment-beta-uprising-oregon-shooting/

It sounds like "bolleaux" to moi. If all bad looking men got a gun, I would pay extra for the "beautiful carriage" on the train.

Turns out my lad was quite a good shot and most of them couldn't hit the proverbial barn door so I am staying close to him if the fighting breaks out!

See, all that Call of Warfare he's been playing since he could hold the gun wasn't wasted after all.

See, all that Call of Warfare he's been playing since he could hold the gun wasn't wasted after all.

I have not played on my xbox in about 18 months. Was quite addicted to Battlefield 3 and bought but never played Battlefied 4. Loaded it up this week and was surprised how much my aim was still true - was expecting a huge learning curve again. Muscle memory eh?

Clearly this means that I am well prepared to take on battle-hardened ISIS fighters now. I will start carrying my xbox controller with me just in case an incident occurs again on the bus.

Nerf guns and a greyhound as target practice. Hones the skills. Probably should suggest it to the army to save them a few pennies.

Upgraded to BB guns now. Greyhound tends not to roam the garden anymore.

Archived