House Price Crash Forum

College Shooting Massacre ++Breaking++ 15+ Dead..!

pl1

HOLA441

It's now 1 in 4 boys in the UK will have been prescribed medicine for mental illness by the age of 16. Total madness. I had a thread about it a while ago.

Is that for real. Astonishing. Long gone are the days: 'Get on with it.'

Expansion of both state and meddling-type non-jobs.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

It's now 1 in 4 boys in the UK will have been prescribed medicine for mental illness by the age of 16. Total madness. I had a thread about it a while ago.

From one unhealthy extreme to the other. Boys going from being told to "be a man" when toddlers to now being medicated. No thought of anything in between.

HOLA443

I'm not terribly surprised that this would happen in rural Oregon. I have family who live near where this happened, and spent several weeks there earlier this year. People there are obsessed with guns -- everyone has a complete armoury at home. The gun obsession, which when I was growing up consisted of having a bb gun or a rifle for deer hunting, has just gone completely bonkers in the US where people now have entire collections of assault rifles at home.

Canada has a far higher gun ownership than the US i would argue its not gun ownership that's the problem

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Guns do make it a whole f***ing lot easier.

I agree with that, but tend to think that anyone who has a mind to kill someone and actually carries it out isn't going to stop because of a little detail like that.

Did the UK murder rate drop anything significantly after they banned hand guns here?

I don't know the answer by the way, but I don't imagine there was much difference.

HOLA447

I agree with that, but tend to think that anyone who has a mind to kill someone and actually carries it out isn't going to stop because of a little detail like that.

Did the UK murder rate drop anything significantly after they banned hand guns here?

I don't know the answer by the way, but I don't imagine there was much difference.

Guns make killing easy, even for amateurs and physical weaklings. Without them it requires effort, muscle or skill which most of the population simply don't possess. How successful would most of these college shooters be if they had to take down their victims in hand to hand combat ? Even soldiers engaged in conflict try to avoid it wherever possible because it is hard and the results are uncertain for the attacker.

HOLA448

Guns make killing easy, even for amateurs and physical weaklings. Without them it requires effort, muscle or skill which most of the population simply don't possesses. How successful would most of these college shooters be if they had to take down their victims in hand to hand combat.

Um, that is the point.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

stories now of a veteran, with normally a gun carried, left his behind because he was going to the no guns allowed campus, was shot 5 times.

also, armed veterans were stopped from attending the scene after they heard gunshots and ran armed to the scene...school staff stopped them at the gate due to the lockdown...

the lockdown likely increased the length of time of the shooting.

Armed citizens were prevented from decreasing the length of time of the shooting.

HOLA4413

People are now just 'consumers'. The food industry sells them poison junkfood and alchohol which makes them sick so that the medical industry can sell them pills that mask the fact that they're sick and make them more sick.

But illness via lifestyle takes a while, so let's start telling them they're sick when they're kids. Get them started as pill consumers early.

Consume the pills, the junkfood, the booze, the fags, take a big loan out, consume more pills, die.

Big pharma, the food and the banking industry thanks you for giving your life so that they might prosper. You were a good consumer.

HOLA4414

stories now of a veteran, with normally a gun carried, left his behind because he was going to the no guns allowed campus, was shot 5 times.

also, armed veterans were stopped from attending the scene after they heard gunshots and ran armed to the scene...school staff stopped them at the gate due to the lockdown...

the lockdown likely increased the length of time of the shooting.

Armed citizens were prevented from decreasing the length of time of the shooting.

Because the solution to a crazed gunman shooting people, is a disorganised and uncoordinated shootout with any number of other gunmen ready to shoot an unidentified gunman in a complex urban environment with other unidentified gunmen also ready to shoot said unidentified gunman.

Oh yeah, there's also hundreds of screaming people running around in panic.

Only to be compounded with the arrival of highly militarized police units with the aim to neutalize an unidentified gunman

What could possibly go wrong?

HOLA4415

Because the solution to a crazed gunman shooting people, is a disorganised and uncoordinated shootout with any number of other gunmen ready to shoot an unidentified gunman in a complex urban environment with other unidentified gunmen also ready to shoot said unidentified gunman.

Oh yeah, there's also hundreds of screaming people running around in panic.

Only to be compounded with the arrival of highly militarized police units with the aim to neutalize an unidentified gunman

What could possibly go wrong?

you have a point, a justifiable fear....meanwhile, people died.

HOLA4416

Trouble is, if the US banned guns today. Made all manufacture of guns illegal. Stop selling guns, etc, etc, etc, how long would it take for guns to be eradicated from US society. Probably not even for a 100 years.

People would simply begin reporting en masse that their guns have been stolen. A huge black market in weapons wuld begin. It is crazy.

Guns are terrible things. I hate them. Not comfortable with guns. But if I was living in the US would I consider owning one? Tough question.

In recent months I have been havng a recurring dream that aliens get all the guns in the US and pile them into an enormous metal mountain over the US Senate which becomes one of the highest 'mountains' in the US. Or they melt the guns together in giant letters spelling out PARANOIA and similar such words along the length of that road that runs from the Whitehouse to the US Senate.

Yes, I know - odd dreams I have been having lately.

HOLA4417

Trouble is, if the US banned guns today. Made all manufacture of guns illegal. Stop selling guns, etc, etc, etc, how long would it take for guns to be eradicated from US society. Probably not even for a 100 years.

People would simply begin reporting en masse that their guns have been stolen. A huge black market in weapons wuld begin. It is crazy.

Guns are terrible things. I hate them. Not comfortable with guns. But if I was living in the US would I consider owning one? Tough question.

In recent months I have been havng a recurring dream that aliens get all the guns in the US and pile them into an enormous metal mountain over the US Senate which becomes one of the highest 'mountains' in the US. Or they melt the guns together in giant letters spelling out PARANOIA and similar such words along the length of that road that runs from the Whitehouse to the US Senate.

Yes, I know - odd dreams I have been having lately.

How many guns were used in the Rwandan genocide?

It's not the tools it's the intent that matters. Unfortunately American society is very violent. Would fewer people die if there were fewer guns? Probably, but the fact that so many people want to kill each other is what drives the violence.

I'm glad I don't live there.

HOLA4418

It's not the tools it's the intent that matters. Unfortunately American society is very violent. Would fewer people die if there were fewer guns? Probably, but the fact that so many people want to kill each other is what drives the violence.

I do wonder how I would cope if I lived there.

For example, I can understand carrying a weapon if you live in one of the numerous vast and remote areas of the US where any Police response might literally be hours away.

I have reasoned that I would not need a gun in a major town or city because Police would be close at hand but, in truth, that is a nonsense way to think because cities are full of violent people and you are probably more likely to encounter the violent in such places.

HOLA4419

The clue to the Rwandan 'genocide' is in the name. It was an organized killing of tribe versus tribe not the act of a single unhinged individual. There was also no shortage of guns in Rwanda as the country had been in a state of civil conflict for years

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_Genocide

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Maybe, but if you want to kill lots of people that becomes more than a detail; you can kill 1 person with a knife, if you want to kill 10 you need a gun.

Probably not, but they were very rare to begin with; I'd guess that Hamilton was the first person to kill anyone with a legally owned handgun for many years.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I do wonder how I would cope if I lived there.

For example, I can understand carrying a weapon if you live in one of the numerous vast and remote areas of the US where any Police response might literally be hours away.

I have reasoned that I would not need a gun in a major town or city because Police would be close at hand but, in truth, that is a nonsense way to think because cities are full of violent people and you are probably more likely to encounter the violent in such places.

well what is the primary reason for owning a gun?

yes, they are designed to kill people, but the overriding purpose is DEFENCE.

you have been conditioned to think that guns are bad, and knives, and if you are in primary school metal scissors and metal cutlery...but hey, ISIS are nasty and they are coming to get you.

......so let's lay down all the weapons we have :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

does that really sound like a rational response???

from a political standpoint this is seriously bad management of the country...it is criminally negligent.

now if this is just crass incompetence, the leadership should be jailed

if this malevolent spite and/or treason the leadership should be executed.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I don't know much about US gun law (neither do I especially care).

I would have thought the obvious answer would be areas where guns are banned and areas where they're not.

For example, I can't think of any real reason for having a gun in a city centre. Draw an area around densely populated areas and declare them gun free zones. Then let anyone in a rural area have them, no problem.

I imagine most people opposed to gun ownership live in cities anyway. Local folk who go hunting and have more closely knit communities could carry on with their past times and would probably live with the compromise.

Not that it's any of my business though.

Archived