House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spyguy

One Hyde Park - Going, Going Gone?

Even by the standards of London prime that 75M one seems remarkably overpriced. What are you getting for your money? 5 bedrooms, 4 of which aren't that big, a massive hallway, a small "cinema" (1 couch's worth) and a couple of small balconies. You can do an awful lot better than that for a lot less, even in that area (a garden would be nice, for a start). Nuts. Be interesting to see what this one sells for (is this a second sale now, or is this from new?).

OK, why all of a sudden?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=POSTCODE^4197947&insId=1&sortType=6&numberOfPropertiesPerPage=10

Who's the distressed seller?

Glencore?

Arabs?

Candy's? - I knew they'd catch me with Holly Valance.

To be fair Candy's published in Jan 2014 that the Prime London will crash. So they actually got it right ... :wub: :wub: :wub:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/business/industries/construction-property/article3943342.ece

Even by the standards of London prime that 75M one seems remarkably overpriced. What are you getting for your money? 5 bedrooms, 4 of which aren't that big, a massive hallway, a small "cinema" (1 couch's worth) and a couple of small balconies. You can do an awful lot better than that for a lot less, even in that area (a garden would be nice, for a start). Nuts. Be interesting to see what this one sells for (is this a second sale now, or is this from new?).

You could buy this place for for about 15% of that price for example:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44248093.html

You could buy this place for for about 15% of that price for example:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44248093.html

A practically detached 5 376m2 house or a five bed apartment (can anyone read the square footage?) for six times the price. Hmm, let me think.

Did anyone spot that one of the one beds was originally on for £10 million? You could nearly buy the five bed house for that!

A practically detached 5 376m2 house or a five bed apartment (can anyone read the square footage?) for six times the price. Hmm, let me think.

Did anyone spot that one of the one beds was originally on for £10 million? You could nearly buy the five bed house for that!

£5m for the flat, £70m for the address.

If Fergus sold 375 of his Ashford houses, he could downsize with Judith into that 75m flat..

Edited by juvenal

If Fergus sold 375 of his Ashford houses, he could downsize with Judith into that 75m flat..

Which would double in price on 10 years.

£5m for the flat, £70m for the address.

A bit puzzled why Hyde Park should command a premium, a busy thoroughfare for traffic, modern and ugly. I can sort of get why you might want to pay a premium for the traffic free Georgian Squares in St James and Belgravia...but Knightsbridge is a bit chavie.

A bit puzzled why Hyde Park should command a premium, a busy thoroughfare for traffic, modern and ugly. I can sort of get why you might want to pay a premium for the traffic free Georgian Squares in St James and Belgravia...but Knightsbridge is a bit chavie.

You know they way houses are more expensive if there's a Waitrose nearby - their nearest supermarket is Harrods.

Edited by This time

You (and I) are thinking like people who do normal stuff and would buy a flat to live in it year round. As you say, one of the many leafy Georgian squares nearby would be much nicer places to live but, if you're a billionaire type with property all over the planet who expects to stay there a few nights a year if at all, maybe the address itself (1 Hype Park, next to Harrods etc.) is more important?