House Price Crash Forum

How Do I Go About Mounting A 42" Plasma Tv In Shed?

longtomsilver

HOLA441

It's actually my man cave/log cabin.

The wood thickness (and structure) is 34mm I'm not particularly keen on punching through into daylight.

Television is relatively new (one of the last ones bought very cheaply).

Would it be worth plaster boarding the wall where the TV is to be mounted first or are there proper arrangements/kit available like the ones used on show stands?

Thanks in advance.

HOLA442
HOLA443

It's actually my man cave/log cabin.

The wood thickness (and structure) is 34mm I'm not particularly keen on punching through into daylight.

Television is relatively new (one of the last ones bought very cheaply).

Would it be worth plaster boarding the wall where the TV is to be mounted first or are there proper arrangements/kit available like the ones used on show stands?

Thanks in advance.

Can you not screw in a sheet of wood between two batons of the shed wall and then mount the TV to the sheet of wood? A solid piece of wood is much stronger than plasterboard.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Can you not screw in a sheet of wood between two batons of the shed wall and then mount the TV to the sheet of wood? A solid piece of wood is much stronger than plasterboard.

There's no batons. It is actually a log cabin with interlocking.. logs.

Actually not a bad idea but I'm going to do this in the vertical, floor to roof line using two parallel batons and hide the wires in-between. I'll fix plasterboard to either side of the centre-line and put up some floral wallpaper.

Thanks.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Actually the sensible answer. You are worthy of your own shed. Obviously it will have to be made of Scottish wood. :blink:

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I photographically documented the construction of my shed before the interior cladding went on so that I knew where the strong fixing points were;

between which I bolted wooden batons over the cladding (behind the telly - so invisible) and fixed the TV bracket to these.

It's very solid and not a big deal to do really.

If instead of batons, you use a big sheet of chipboard (or whatever) and lots of fixing screws spread over a big area, it should be similarly solid, despite the thinness of your log wall.

HOLA4414

There's no batons. It is actually a log cabin with interlocking.. logs.

Actually not a bad idea but I'm going to do this in the vertical, floor to roof line using two parallel batons and hide the wires in-between. I'll fix plasterboard to either side of the centre-line and put up some floral wallpaper.

Thanks.

I've been starting at this post for more than an hour but mancave and floral wallpaper still has me perplexed!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I've been starting at this post for more than an hour but mancave and floral wallpaper still has me perplexed!

This is a nod to the wife that it isn't just for me ;) with the lights out and a film on (Big Jugs à la the Young Ones) I won't find the wall paper so nauseating. There'll be Wendy house style curtains too to go with the bunting that's already there. Again that only serves my purpose better. :)

HOLA4417

Actually the sensible answer. You are worthy of your own shed. Obviously it will have to be made of Scottish wood. :blink:

I actually have a very nice shed. Fully wired for power, workbenches, power tools, spray paint tent, the works. I am sure you would like it! I am not sure if the wood is Scottish so I will need to get back to you on that front! ;)

HOLA4418

This is a nod to the wife that it isn't just for me ;) with the lights out and a film on (Big Jugs à la the Young Ones) I won't find the wall paper so nauseating. There'll be Wendy house style curtains too to go with the bunting that's already there. Again that only serves my purpose better. :)

This is no shed! CyberNat has the right sort of shed, even if it is made of English wood. :wacko:

HOLA4419

you let your wife in your shed?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest TheBlueCat

Thought - hoped - that this was some perverse sexual thing.

Thread title did not deliver.

I was going to suggest making sure that it was very firmly fixed to the floor _before_ removing your lower garments, thus reducing the probability of a trip to A&E.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Have you thought about building a plasterboard fascia so that the TV then sits flush (you'd lose a good 6 inches of space, but it would look nice :) )

The wall is south facing and I'm planning on using the cavity for insulation to keep the heat out. Unbearably hot in the sun which is why we (actually not me) are making use of the exercise equipment only now.

It'll be flush if my skills are only as good as my imagination. :)

HOLA4425

I actually have a very nice shed. Fully wired for power, workbenches, power tools, spray paint tent, the works. I am sure you would like it! I am not sure if the wood is Scottish so I will need to get back to you on that front! ;)

I'm a little envious.

Mine is fully wired too and I'm proud of the two foot deep channel I dug to bury the armoured cable (power from the garage off a spur), it's really very neat at both ends (sockets and conduit).

Archived