House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bendy

The Most Useless ******ing 'feature'

Is there any twit out there who has use for the 'overwrite' feature in Word (or similiar) or does everyone else think 'how the ****** did i turn that shit on and how the ****** do I get it off' when it happens?

I haven't met anyone who finds this feature useful, is it so hard to write what you intended ti edit and then block up and do the hefty task of pressing the delete key to get rid of the original?

[/fuming]

Once upon a time, being able to switch between insert and overwrite modes in an editor was genuinely useful. Part of the migration from line-oriented to visual editing. It lives on.

In Word 2013 this feature is disabled, you have to turn it on in tools options advanced if you want to use it.

The only downside is you have to use Word 2013, everything else about it is horrible - blinding white toolbars and "We'll just save that to the cloud for you" all the time.

In Word 2013 this feature is disabled, you have to turn it on in tools options advanced if you want to use it.

The only downside is you have to use Word 2013, everything else about it is horrible - blinding white toolbars and "We'll just save that to the cloud for you" all the time.

Using that exact wording? I would be surprised :(

Press the insert button turns it off (or on). Usually has its status in the Word taskbar [iNS of OVR]

I once nkew an academic who thought bthey were super intelligent despite the fact that everyone else thought they were an imbecile.

They had changed to overwrite mode and got themselves into an impatient fret. It was explained to them hoe to change back.

They kept stabbing the key a random multiple of times

"It doesn't work"