House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
darwin

This London Tube Map Shows The City By Rent Cost

I'm not a Londoner or particularly familiar with the city - why is Hatton Cross so (comparatively) cheap? Is it stab central or something?

It's right next to heathrow, overhead flights every 2 minutes

East London used to be good value, and had access to green space - but that was before the Olympics and gentrification of the east more generally.

I always went for `zone 2 or 3 because central London was within cycling distance although it sometimes put me off going out at night. Sometimes there's nothing worse than realising you've got the best part of a hour's cycle home after a trip to the theatre or ballet. Plus you've no idea what kind of low life you'll encounter on the way. I still preferred it to using the Tube though.

Edited by StainlessSteelCat

East London used to be good value, and had access to green space - but that was before the Olympics and gentrification of the east more generally.

I always went for `zone 2 or 3 because central London was within cycling distance although it sometimes put me off going out at night. Sometimes there's nothing worse than realising you've got the best part of a hour's cycle home after a trip to the theatre or ballet. Plus you've no idea what kind of low life you'll encounter on the way. I still preferred it to using the Tube though.

It took me an hour to get to W1 from zone 6. What were you riding, a unicycle?

One bedroom flats are not the cheapest anyway so a slightly exaggerated view - all the same, still painfully high when you think in terms of average monthly take home pay.

Having said that, relative to each other are rents actually more rational than property ? Would be interesting to see the yield at each station...