House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fru-gal

Hipster-Hating Mob Of 200 Attacks Trendy Cafe That Sells £4.50 Bowls Of Cereal While Staff And Customers Are Trapped Inside As East London 'anti-Gentr

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3250896/Cereal-offender-Hipster-hating-mob-attacks-novelty-cafe-anti-gentrification-protests-turn-violent.html

I wonder if we are going to see more and more of this kind of stuff? Of course the media will try and smear any group who tries to point out that privatisation/gentrification only helps a certain section of society. But surely with things like this and the election of Corbyn, the selection of Sadiq Khan as (the most left wing) Labour candidate for Mayor, the Government must be starting to realise that London demographics and voting patterns are not going to stay in their favour for that much longer?

Edited by fru-gal

I guess if they'd held a peaceful protest and just offered bowls of cereal for free or even 50p outside the shop (capitalism in action) then they'd have been forced to move on because of no trading licence etc.

Edited by billybong

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/15/cereal-killer-cafe-gentrification-media-hipster-brothers

It's this place again isn't it?

Feel sorry for owners if so.

Sad days.

Welcome to the London hpi paradise.

Surprised this isn't more frequent occurance tbh.

when money in the hands of a few means others and outsiders can buy priverlidege and scarce resources...resentment and inequality will grow......no winners.

when money in the hands of a few means others and outsiders can buy priverlidege and scarce resources...resentment and inequality will grow......no winners.

So given the choice of burning down Mayfair or laying siege to Goldman Sachs Class War decided to chuck paint at an overpriced cornflake cafe run by a couple of Irish men. I expect the Bilderbergers and the rest of the global elites are selling up and heading for the hills in terror at this very moment.

So given the choice of burning down Mayfair or laying siege to Goldman Sachs Class War decided to chuck paint at an overpriced cornflake cafe run by a couple of Irish men. I expect the Bilderbergers and the rest of the global elites are selling up and heading for the hills in terror at this very moment.

Souldn't be chucking paint or burning anything down.....just watching and observing how things are rapidly changing.

All those packets of cereal look like massively sugary junk.

When I saw the heading, given the gentrification aspect, I was imagining bowls of organic spelt or quinoa, etc. served with almond or soya 'milk' and no sugar, but maybe a drizzle of Tuscan extra virgin honey and of course some of the statutory blueberries.

These nobs are the true meaning of the word sheeple,these are the tossers that make the world go round,always buying the latest crap,always trying to look the part,spending soo hard to fit in with the rest of the tossers,the fashion industry feeds on these type of people Ive often wondered if the top nobs in the fashion industry get round a huge table and have a meeting starting with "what shall we dress the sheeple in this autumn/summer/winter bla bla,would love to know what the rent/rates is on a place like that.

rofl comment truly.

I don't get it. Are they upset about cereal being sold for 4.50 a bowl? If not, why mention the price? No one's being forced to buy their cereal here are they? This small firm is paying rent, paying business rates, paying tax, paying wages, employing people in productive work etc. Give them a break.