House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shindigger

Is Carswell A Tory Plant?

No, but he is a serial rebel, and a classical liberal, which is not quite what UKIP broadly speaking is - at least recently, when Carswell joined up it was a bit different. As the sole MP he's in a weird position too, he's supposed to defer to someone who is not actually an elected member.

And on top of all that, UKIP doesn't whip its elected politicians.

Arron Banks should stop being territorial anyway, they are only going to win with broad support and him getting snippy at Carswell because he's the wrong sort of eurosceptic is crazy.

Edited by EUBanana

No, but he is a serial rebel, and a classical liberal, which is not quite what UKIP broadly speaking is - at least recently, when Carswell joined up it was a bit different. As the sole MP he's in a weird position too, he's supposed to defer to someone who is not actually an elected member.

And on top of all that, UKIP doesn't whip its elected politicians.

Arron Banks should stop being territorial anyway, they are only going to win with broad support and him getting snippy at Carswell because he's the wrong sort of eurosceptic is crazy.

But if its true that he sat and read the Guardian next to a BBC hack, of all people, while Nige was on stage, it does beg some sort of question surely?

I can see Farage booting him out before things get serious re the referendum.

But if its true that he sat and read the Guardian next to a BBC hack, of all people, while Nige was on stage, it does beg some sort of question surely?

I can see Farage booting him out before things get serious re the referendum.

I read the Guardian. And Breitbart.com. And everything in between. :D That's not a hanging offence is it?

I assumed you were talking about the dust up between Carswell and Arron Banks, but I can't see what Carswell has done wrong there. It's not like Carswell is particularly duplicitous IMO, if you read his blog he's quite open about his politics. And surely as I implied before there shouldn't be any booting of fellow eurosceptics. Carswell has been an 'anti' for a very long time, now - he may be quite liberal for UKIP but his euroscepticism isn't in doubt and right now that's the main thing, no?

Im not expressing an opinion on the rights and wrongs of UKIP or whether i approve.

I'm saying it looks like an obvious wind up to be seen outside of the auditorium, sat next to a BBC hack, reading the Guardian, while the leader is giving his speech.

And yes i'm sure its normal for left wingers to read the Telegraph too.

Im saying he's giving the Out campaign a bit of a headache, that they could probably do without right now. And it seems, from their point of view i'm sure, a bit untimely.

That's all.

Im not expressing an opinion on the rights and wrongs of UKIP or whether i approve.

I'm saying it looks like an obvious wind up to be seen outside of the auditorium, sat next to a BBC hack, reading the Guardian, while the leader is giving his speech.

And yes i'm sure its normal for left wingers to read the Telegraph too.

Im saying he's giving the Out campaign a bit of a headache, that they could probably do without right now. And it seems, from their point of view i'm sure, a bit untimely.

That's all.

Well, maybe. Carswell was my fave MP for a long time, before he joined up with UKIP, so I may be biased.

I wouldn't read too much into it though, the BBC are probably the ones winding people up more than Carswell.

Well, maybe. Carswell was my fave MP for a long time, before he joined up with UKIP, so I may be biased.

I wouldn't read too much into it though, the BBC are probably the ones winding people up more than Carswell.

Entirely possible.