House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JoeDavola

I'm In Edinburgh Today

Who in their right mind, would visit Embra? :blink:

It's like comparing the west and the east of the Pennines.

I did the Great Glen Way a few years back. A beautiful walk. Just compare the annual rainfall in Fort William on the west coast to Inverness on the east.

Inverness: 732 mm

Fort William (Dunstaffnage weather station): 1681

They're just c.75 miles apart. And from experience I can attest to this.

See comparison link:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/climate/gfh1hk7v1

You could always bring a hat if it rains. :wacko:

Edinburgh is a pretty dry place. Can be windy though. Today is lovely. Next 5 days are meant o be the same but even warm. :blink:

If you need tips on dippers or pubs to go to / not to go to on your quest for a burd - just ask :D

Spoken like someone who has never left Scotland. :rolleyes:

Oh piss off. Always have to have a wee dig eh.

It was actually voted the 4th most beautiful city in the world behind Paris, Florence and Rome.

For once I agree with Cybernat :D

I much prefer it to Paris - never been to the other 2 so cant say. Its all subjective anyway.

For once I agree with Cybernat :D

I much prefer it to Paris - never been to the other 2 so cant say. Its all subjective anyway.

I think we have agreed twice before to be fair!

Edinburgh is one of the nicest cities on Earth.

Agreed. If I didn't have a good life set up in Belfast, Edinburgh's the only other part of the UK I'd consider moving to.

Only passing through today; currently loitering near Waverly station.

An hour and a half sleep last night and having to get up at 4:30 means I do look and feel like death warmed up; so the sun and lack of rain is especially welcome!

Edinburgh feels like a European city. If you know what I mean. Fewer scum too but maybe they're outside the city.

Oh Edinburgh has it's fair share of scum! Just like every other city in the world. I think in Edinburgh though it is more hidden.

Scum ? Venture a mile from the centre down to the foot of Leith Walk. There ye shall witness scum ye have never witnessed before !!

LIke real life trainspotting. In fact - thats not even close. You couldnt act this.

I used to know a bloke from Leith; say 25 years older than me, who told me a story about 'back in the day' when a mate of his bled to death after being stabbed with a broken ashtray in a bar.

Such a horrid story I never forgot it!

Scum ? Venture a mile from the centre down to the foot of Leith Walk. There ye shall witness scum ye have never witnessed before !!

LIke real life trainspotting. In fact - thats not even close. You couldnt act this.

I know. But it is like every city though. Venture out of any city center and you will find the underbelly.

I know. But it is like every city though. Venture out of any city center and you will find the underbelly.

Indeed. The Jakeball scum of Edinburgh do have a certain something about them though.

I thought leith was all posh apartments and whatnot these days?

Both. One street has michelin starred Tom KItchen type restauranta. The next has junkies injecting herion into their eyeballs. No exaggeration - in the slightest.

I lived there until a few months ago.

Oh piss off. Always have to have a wee dig eh.

It was actually voted the 4th most beautiful city in the world behind Paris, Florence and Rome.

Voted by whom? I guess they'd never seen, say, Stockholm, Salzburg, or Budapest. Or even Bath, back in Blighty.

Guest eight

Indeed. The Jakeball scum of Edinburgh do have a certain something about them though.

Both. One street has michelin starred Tom KItchen type restauranta. The next has junkies injecting herion into their eyeballs. No exaggeration - in the slightest.

I lived there until a few months ago.

We stayed in the Premier Inn there last October half term. The walk to the shopping centre where the QE2 is docked was a bit iffy after dark, I must admit.

The weather was amazing though. 23 degrees or something. They should have a chairlift in the zoo, it just keeps going back and up and back and up.

Voted by whom? I guess they'd never seen, say, Stockholm, Salzburg, or Budapest. Or even Bath, back in Blighty.

Bath is dangerous. :blink:

We stayed in the Premier Inn there last October half term. The walk to the shopping centre where the QE2 is docked was a bit iffy after dark, I must admit.

The weather was amazing though. 23 degrees or something. They should have a chairlift in the zoo, it just keeps going back and up and back and up.

Oh that walks nowhere near the real scumbags - you got off lightly !!