House Price Crash Forum

An Attempt To Ban Cash (And Alternative Wealth Stores) Would Bring Down The Government. End Game In Sight?

Si1

HOLA441

I think there would be some advantages of getting rid of cash. I remember hearing a plumber complaining. He wants 400 for a job with 40% tax and 20% vat he puts in an honest quote for 1000 only to find he is under cut by someone who does it for 400 cash in hand.

When you are up against this do you blame them for being dishonest?

A plumber paying 40% tax ? This is how far the SE has moved out of whack with the rest of the country....

HOLA442

A plumber paying 40% tax ? This is how far the SE has moved out of whack with the rest of the country....

£200/day no problem. If you are working on the Addenbrookes job, going rate is £900 for fitting a toilet (one days work according to a subbie that works for me sometimes).

.. and back to topic.....

I wonder if the easiest way to ban cash would be to come up with reasons to ban the £50 note, then the £20 ...... until you are only left with coins for small transactions. At that point, no-one wants to carry around suitcases of metal and they all give up.