• Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Right. So basically you want a bitch with a shovel to wander around an area that is "max" the size of 2-3 football pitches digging little holes for you - and presumably pay for the air fare as well?

I'm not saying that's unreasonable, but best to be clear on what's required.

What happens if you get there and there's one or more others wandering around with shovels? Quick tw@t round the head and shallow grave, or cut them in? And what happens if this pirate bloke was full of shit, and the treasure turns out to be a half eaten packet of polos inside an old ammo box? Or worse still, what if he filled a crate with deadly snakes that could somehow breathe and eat and multiply, and their descendants give you a lingering, painful death? Or if you find a box with another clue-filled poem in it?

I'm just not completely convinced you've thought all this through.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

mods please move after a little while.

I have solved this riddle.

What would you do?

Driving me crazy because I know I have it. No guesses. Its uber precise.

Went this summer with a backer but I made an error in the final area. With help I will find it if it's still there.

Anybody want to come search for a cut?

I am deadly serious

It's an intriguing idea. Let's say I believe you, what is is specifically you propose?

Presumably we need to fly from the UK to the US, where in the US? Who pays for the flights? How long are we away for?

Do you reveal what you know before we fly or is it a mystery tour for your partner(s)?

What equipment and supplies to we need to take? What do we need to obtain out there, and how much does this cost? Who pays?

Who pays for the non-treasure hunt related costs incurred out there, food, accommodation etc?

The idea of an adventure week away hiking in the Rockys with the outside chance of finding some treasure is quite appealing. The idea of funding someone's ill-thought out indulgence isn't. So your answers to the above will be very important to any right-minded interested parties.

HOLA4411

It's an intriguing idea. Let's say I believe you, what is is specifically you propose?

Presumably we need to fly from the UK to the US, where in the US? Who pays for the flights? How long are we away for?

Do you reveal what you know before we fly or is it a mystery tour for your partner(s)?

What equipment and supplies to we need to take? What do we need to obtain out there, and how much does this cost? Who pays?

Who pays for the non-treasure hunt related costs incurred out there, food, accommodation etc?

The idea of an adventure week away hiking in the Rockys with the outside chance of finding some treasure is quite appealing. The idea of funding someone's ill-thought out indulgence isn't. So your answers to the above will be very important to any right-minded interested parties.

Can I ask why you chose the username - "Voice of reason" ?

HOLA4412

Can I ask why you chose the username - "Voice of reason" ?

Ha! Because 10 years ago I thought I had all the answers. I am now old enough to know I don't.

On this subject in particular though, I don't see why it isn't worthy of consideration. You like getting out for a bit of exercise in the Scottish countryside ccc, what's wrong with a trip to the Rockys for the same purpose? Obviously if the response is "It'll cost thousands of pounds and I need my backer to pay for everything but think of the riches when we definitely find the treasure!!" then that will be all anyone needs to read.

HOLA4413

The poem

This poem written by Forrest Fenn contains nine clues that if followed precisely, will lead to the end of his rainbow and the treasure. Happy Hunting!

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where warm waters halt
And take it in the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk.
Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it's no place for the meek,
The end is ever drawing nigh;
There'll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high.

If you've been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.

So why is it that I must go
And leave my trove for all to seek?
The answer I already know,
I've done it tired, and now I'm weak.

So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold.
If you are brave and in the wood
I give you title to

Other clues

In March 2013, he revealed that the treasure was hidden in the Rocky Mountains north of Santa Fe and 5,000 feet (1,500 m) above sea-level.[3]

On March 27, 2013, Forrest Fenn's 11th clue was revealed: "No need to dig up the old outhouses, the treasure is not associated with any structure."[4]

On May 3, 2013, Fenn was interviewed to reveal: "The treasure is not in a graveyard." This was in response to an arrest of a treasure seeker the previous month.[5]

In September 2013, Fenn announced the publication of a new book, Too Far to Walk, containing a pullout map of the area surrounding the treasure.[6] The book has since been published and is available for purchase and the map shows the search area to be Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico.

In January 2015, Fenn revealed in a new interview: "I know the treasure chest is wet."[7]

HOLA4414

Ha! Because 10 years ago I thought I had all the answers. I am now old enough to know I don't.

On this subject in particular though, I don't see why it isn't worthy of consideration. You like getting out for a bit of exercise in the Scottish countryside ccc, what's wrong with a trip to the Rockys for the same purpose? Obviously if the response is "It'll cost thousands of pounds and I need my backer to pay for everything but think of the riches when we definitely find the treasure!!" then that will be all anyone needs to read.

I am with you - proper evidence shown that this may be the real deal - I could be tempted. I am up for most things.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

a major airport in the US

Backer pays for flights

October half term for a week should be enough

A mystery tour. There are 3 people that know and understand the solution. 1 is FF, the second is me, and the third I trust.

Equipment and supplies each day. A rucksack, walking boots, water, and your dinner

Backer pays flights and dingy motel on the cheap. I pay my own food and personal bills.

We will be driving and walking to the same search area every day (very small), so if I was winding people up and wanting a free holiday it's not going to be all that exciting for me is it?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

To give you evidence I would have to explain the solution.

And that is so unique and valuable (even if we don't find the treasure) that I can't do that. I haven't even told my brother

This intrigues me and, from your first post, I always wondered why are you seeking an unknown person from HPC rather than taking a family member so that all the reward can be 'kept within the family'. I thought you must have either no relatives or no relatives you like or who like you, and it's clearly not 'no relatives'. Of course, it could also be that all your relatives think you are mental.

HOLA4419

a major airport in the US

Backer pays for flights

October half term for a week should be enough

A mystery tour. There are 3 people that know and understand the solution. 1 is FF, the second is me, and the third I trust.

Equipment and supplies each day. A rucksack, walking boots, water, and your dinner

Backer pays flights and dingy motel on the cheap. I pay my own food and personal bills.

We will be driving and walking to the same search area every day (very small), so if I was winding people up and wanting a free holiday it's not going to be all that exciting for me is it?

I'm disappointed there are no numbers in this reply. How am I supposed to know how much two return flights to a major US airport cost if you won't tell me which one? I'm sure revealing which airport has to be flown to isn't going to give away the secret. You also haven't confirmed transport methods in the US, how does one get from the US airport to the 'dingy motel' and then the treasure site? By hire car? How much does that cost? Does it need to be an off-road vehicle? And then as ccc says what is the outcome? If we find the treasure do you sell it in the US? Where/how? Or do we bring it back to the UK, again how? How is it split?

You need detail to be taken seriously. All the above can be answered with a few hours spent online. You must see it's a fair concern that someone who hasn't thought through the logistics of what he is proposing may not also be credible generally.

HOLA4420

The poem

This poem written by Forrest Fenn contains nine clues that if followed precisely, will lead to the end of his rainbow and the treasure. Happy Hunting!

As I have gone alone in there

And with my treasures bold,

I can keep my secret where,

And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where warm waters halt

And take it in the canyon down,

Not far, but too far to walk.

Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it's no place for the meek,

The end is ever drawing nigh;

There'll be no paddle up your creek,

Just heavy loads and water high.

If you've been wise and found the blaze,

Look quickly down, your quest to cease,

But tarry scant with marvel gaze,

Just take the chest and go in peace.

So why is it that I must go

And leave my trove for all to seek?

The answer I already know,

I've done it tired, and now I'm weak.

So hear me all and listen good,

Your effort will be worth the cold.

If you are brave and in the wood

I give you title to

Other clues

In March 2013, he revealed that the treasure was hidden in the Rocky Mountains north of Santa Fe and 5,000 feet (1,500 m) above sea-level.[3]

On March 27, 2013, Forrest Fenn's 11th clue was revealed: "No need to dig up the old outhouses, the treasure is not associated with any structure."[4]

On May 3, 2013, Fenn was interviewed to reveal: "The treasure is not in a graveyard." This was in response to an arrest of a treasure seeker the previous month.[5]

In September 2013, Fenn announced the publication of a new book, Too Far to Walk, containing a pullout map of the area surrounding the treasure.[6] The book has since been published and is available for purchase and the map shows the search area to be Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico.

In January 2015, Fenn revealed in a new interview: "I know the treasure chest is wet."[7]

There was another clue after Jan 2015. It was just a picture.

http://s122.photobucket.com/user/ballachulish/media/castle.jpg.html

HOLA4421

I'm disappointed there are no numbers in this reply. How am I supposed to know how much two return flights to a major US airport cost if you won't tell me which one? I'm sure revealing which airport has to be flown to isn't going to give away the secret. You also haven't confirmed transport methods in the US, how does one get from the US airport to the 'dingy motel' and then the treasure site? By hire car? How much does that cost? Does it need to be an off-road vehicle? And then as ccc says what is the outcome? If we find the treasure do you sell it in the US? Where/how? Or do we bring it back to the UK, again how? How is it split?

You need detail to be taken seriously. All the above can be answered with a few hours spent online. You must see it's a fair concern that someone who hasn't thought through the logistics of what he is proposing may not also be credible generally.

flights are approx £800 return each.

Eyes are already on this thread from a few people so I can't tell you the airport.

transport method- hire car. will go halfs cost =£200 for a week give or take a few quid.

no offroad vehicle needed, just a car.

The logistics are easy and sort themselves out with a hire car....I obviously know where I am going. I don't even need satnav.

10% share in return for £1200 approx is how it would work out plus 5% of interviews/books I do. A literary agent has said that just with photos of the chest (if we leave it in situ) would make just as much as the treasure itself. It has a big following with approx 100,000 searchers actively looking every year. But if it's found, it will be a major news story and the whole world will be intrigued.

You are getting odds of between 600/1 and 3000/1 plus the interview/book cash.

If you knew what I knew the odds of someone having beat me to it are slim....and I don't say that arrgogantly.

The odds of finding it in a week is "good" providing nobody has beat me to it. The solve is accurate to the point where the poem takes me to a specific point. from that point you look at "something" (cant tell you what) which is the blaze.

the chest is between those 2 points. "if youve been wise and found the blaze look quickly down your quest to cease"....

The search area is approx 2 football fields in area, and is not the easiest terrain to search, but it's not dangerous either...

I am not a time waster out for a jolly. If I had savings and no job I could find it myself....just a matter of trial, error and time in the final spot

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

This intrigues me and, from your first post, I always wondered why are you seeking an unknown person from HPC rather than taking a family member so that all the reward can be 'kept within the family'. I thought you must have either no relatives or no relatives you like or who like you, and it's clearly not 'no relatives'. Of course, it could also be that all your relatives think you are mental.

good question.

1. I assume HPC'er with a history here have a decent level of intelligence, and MAYBE more trustworthy than most. They will need to keep their mouths shut. Some of my mates down the pub are incapable of this.

2. relatives don't have any sense of adventure....and yes, they think I am mental. I wouldn't expect anything different tbh, it's a normal reaction. The thing is, is that I can't/won't tell them the solution. If I explained everything then they would be begging me as they would know I was correct. Like I say, the poem was 15 years on the making, it was crafted, it is genius once you understand it, and when you understand it and how he thinks everything makes sense.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

good question.

For what it's worth, I think you're probably completely genuine in your belief that you have solved the riddle (I have no way of knowing whether you actually have or not!), and if it were not for work and family commitments I would be well up for taking a punt on this - at the very least it would be an adventure. The money that you're talking about is significant but not significant enough that I would regret losing it in years to come if it turned out that you were barking up the wrong tree, or just didn't manage to find it. Lots to recommend the proposal, good luck finding someone to help you out, though I'm not convinced it will be someone from HPC - far too many hardened cynics!.

Archived