House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

houses-do-my-head-in

Forrest Fenn Treasure Riddle Solved By A Hpc'er

mods please move after a little while.

I have solved this riddle.

What would you do?

Driving me crazy because I know I have it. No guesses. Its uber precise.

Went this summer with a backer but I made an error in the final area. With help I will find it if it's still there.

Anybody want to come search for a cut?

I am deadly serious

Right, some stranger on the internet invites me to go to some isolated woods and dig my own grave. Do you think I was born yesterday?

"Anyone want to search for a cut" is the clincher.

That dark thought did cross my mind too, as, after all, we are not told if this summer's backer ever returned.

mods please move after a little while.

I have solved this riddle.

What would you do?

Driving me crazy because I know I have it. No guesses. Its uber precise.

Went this summer with a backer but I made an error in the final area. With help I will find it if it's still there.

Anybody want to come search for a cut?

I am deadly serious

In other words, you were wrong.

Valid point!

Without giving too much away, is the OP able to provide some kind of explanation as to why they feel that "I know I have it. No guesses. Its uber precise"?

Because, as far as I understand it from reading your original post on this, the clues are pretty vague/poetic, and it seemed to me at the time that there must be lots of places out in the US wilderness that could be seen to fit the clues? How are you so confident?

More to the point - if you know where it is - why would you offer strangers 50% of its worth - instead of just flying over and picking it up yourself ?

Do any of houses 264 other posts seem to be of a money extracting nature?

Personally I think this think is one big merk and it's not there or anywhere at all!

Valid point!

Without giving too much away, is the OP able to provide some kind of explanation as to why they feel that "I know I have it. No guesses. Its uber precise"?

Because, as far as I understand it from reading your original post on this, the clues are pretty vague/poetic, and it seemed to me at the time that there must be lots of places out in the US wilderness that could be seen to fit the clues? How are you so confident?

The clues are deliberately vague. If I answered your question honestly then you could solve the thing.

There are thousands of potential possibilities to make the clues fit....that is the problem I pondered for 3 months when I asked myself this.

"How is it possible for something with so many possibilities to have only 1 true solution?"

and I found the answer in June.

More to the point - if you know where it is - why would you offer strangers 50% of its worth - instead of just flying over and picking it up yourself ?

good question.

The poem in just 24 lines achieves something nigh on impossible when you consider it's vagueness. The poem takes you to a small area that is a nightmare to search (can't explain why) max the size of 2 to 3 football fields in size. You have to use your imagination in this area and know what to look for. He can't make it precise to the metre...it's impossible due to the nature of the final area. The more people that know what to look for the more chance there is of one of us seeing it. If I was a local it would be no problem as I would find it through trial and error. But the final task is to put in some graft. Numerous trips get expensive and I am not very well off being a teacher. If you knew what I knew you would snatch my hand off. When FF says the finder will earn it, people assume he means solving a riddle nobody can solve...he doesn't . When you know how to think it's easy, but knowing how to think is almost impossible. I was lucky back in June.

The clues are deliberately vague. If I answered your question honestly then you could solve the thing.

There are thousands of potential possibilities to make the clues fit....that is the problem I pondered for 3 months when I asked myself this.

"How is it possible for something with so many possibilities to have only 1 true solution?"

and I found the answer in June.

Whitfield?

Is it like the stones in Fifth Element??