House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

Mrpin's Violent Dilemma

I had a lovely trip to the benny office today, where by my own admission, I was a bit rude to Mrs Spider Fanny. I apologised, and started swearing less frequently. The security man took an interest in me, and wanted a fight. I thought it wasn't worth it. Even after I had apologised, he was a bit lippy!

If he was in the pub, I think he would have seconds away from a boot in his head!! Mr "LittlePin" in my head told me to walk out, and be calm! Nobody was hurt, and he was just an ar$ehole. :blink:

Mrs Spider Fanny.....an unfortunate name in a benefits office...you dont know whether to stand on a chair or pat it.

Mrs Spider Fanny.....an unfortunate name in a benefits office...you dont know whether to stand on a chair or pat it.

I would say put flies up it, but you have missed my point! I would say I very near to violence, but "LittlePin" calmed me down, because there was nothing worth fighting for. :blink:

Been in once - if you dont look like a complete scumbag - they give you a serioulsy hard time.

And this all happens as Mr Jakeball never worked for 20 years walks past you - knows them al by name - sits down and is stamped for another 2 weeks within 15 seconds.

I can appreciate why the folk that work in there would do this - it still doesnt make it right though.

Been in once - if you dont look like a complete scumbag - they give you a serioulsy hard time.

And this all happens as Mr Jakeball never worked for 20 years walks past you - knows them al by name - sits down and is stamped for another 2 weeks within 15 seconds.

I can appreciate why the folk that work in there would do this - it still doesnt make it right though.

Even I like to be treated with a "little bit" of respect! :blink:

Even I like to be treated with a "little bit" of respect! :blink:

Treat everyone with continuous positive regard, I say. No matter how much of a scumbag you think them.

Treat everyone with continuous positive regard, I say. No matter how much of a scumbag you think them.

I am ashamed I was so close to violence! :wacko: I'd rather take the piss! :wacko:

True story:

"Why are you late for your benefit appointment?"

"I couldnt find a parking space for the Jag"

Look don't start taking the mickey with us son...

"OK I won't"

5 mins later

Tannoy announcement: "would the person who has parked the V12 jaguar outside please move it, you are blocking the main entrance"

Never ever be rude to:

- The people at the benefits office if you are there because you need money

- Waiters about to serve you food.

Your surgeon.

Your dentist.

I'm shocked! I thought you had "Buddha nature" Pin.

Can't really blame you though, I wouldn't trust myself either in one of those establishments.

Sounds like you limited the damage anyway.

And he's Pope of his own church!!

I would say put flies up it, but you have missed my point! I would say I very near to violence, but "LittlePin" calmed me down, because there was nothing worth fighting for. :blink:

what did she do to upset you...surely you had the "good book" of Pin to guide your spirit through this crisis of officialdom

My own experience of Government efficiency was a job offer in May? 2015.

I filled in a form, instant interview, provisional job offered.

On the form was a question about the hours I could work...I filled in 7 days, nights, full time and part time.

called me back today as they are finding me a department to work in, but they were concerned I only wanted part time. I said why did they keep asking me this, and this form came back to hit me....because I had ticked both full time and part time, they defaulted to part time....third time of "clarification".

I'm shocked! I thought you had "Buddha nature" Pin.

Can't really blame you though, I wouldn't trust myself either in one of those establishments.

Sounds like you limited the damage anyway.

I like to think so. I'm probably not that holy. I did the wise "PinThing" of nothing. I feel wiser. I know myself better. I nearly "lost it", and I'm not proud of it! :unsure:. I feel much calmer now.

Hello Mr Pin....fellow dole bludger ....

I just sign on once a year.....far less bother.

That sounds great. I just see an army of the "Dole industry" jobsworths, and what happened to the days of just "signing on", and just getting the Giro? :blink:

Take a friend with you with a camera and a business card they've made saying 'Blah-di-blah Media Productions'. Get them to go in first and speak to the manager and say they're making a TV documentary on people who've lost their job and is it ok to sit in and record the interview.

That sounds great. I just see an army of the "Dole industry" jobsworths, and what happened to the days of just "signing on", and just getting the Giro? :blink:

I do sympathise Mr Pin and if that was me interviewing you then i'd have considered yourself sanctioned. I did work in a job centre as an interventionist until fortune called me up to Op Telic and in my six months there (dole office not Iraq) I sanctioned via the approval of the Decision Maker (yawn)...

A guy who listened to his walkman throughout the sign-on, one who admitted he only worked half the year in the power industry (it was seasonal his type of work, cleaning?) and had no intention of finding work in the lulls and a further person who went postal on me, after the sanction he came into the office looking for a fight with me - back then I don't think a sanction lasted more than a fortnight anyway.

As for CCCs observation we really were stuck for the pond life, referring them to employers they'd be cross if they failed to attend their interviews and more so if they attended complaining to the Client Services Manager for wasting their time and not to send dross or they wouldn't be using our services again. Naturally shit rolled down hill and we'd be getting it in the neck from jumped up Executive Officers and the whole atmosphere in the building was soul destroying.

I've been both sides of the fence and found feigning a mental illness/retardation meant they left me alone to get on with my life, minimum interference for the length of the claim (contributions based only) and even trialled me on a one a month phone based JSA claim for the duration of one claim which was fantastic as it meant I could do it all from the hill I was about to fly from :)

I'm not entitled to claim anything and the dole office is thankfully behind me. Why don't you get a part-time job to tide you over and keep your stamps up to date, far less hassle. Come and work with me in Spoons 8pm-3.30m Friday, 4pm-3.30am Saturday and take the rest of the week off :D now that my son has started school I'm thoroughly bored/depressed/aimless mon-Thu but that's a different matter altogether. I plan on occupying this time more usefully cutting grass, painting and decorating (city and guilds) ad-hoc as soon as I'm fit and strong enough too (whiplash). :)

what did she do to upset you...surely you had the "good book" of Pin to guide your spirit through this crisis of officialdom

She was just the wrong side of "a bit arsey". I accept the fault was mine. I can get a bit "enthusiastic", sometimes.

One of the big stressors of being a man is the masculine adrenalin surge to fight back when we end up triggering out fight or flight response. No problem a few hundred or a few thousand years ago but a right nightmare in our over-crowded society. This is made even more difficult by the far too numerous jerks out there who are constantly looking to prove their masculinity through physical violence.

Worse, when you do not fight you end up feeling like a wimp - that you have given in to the other person. This is made worse if the other person is a modern day homo errectus tw*t. But the sensible thing, nearly always, is to chose flight over fight.

Walk away, forget about it or add him to your long, long list of people whom you will oneday kidnap, lock in a basement and torture. :D

She was just the wrong side of "a bit arsey". I accept the fault was mine. I can get a bit "enthusiastic", sometimes.

arsey is unprofessional.

One of the big stressors of being a man is the masculine adrenalin surge to fight back when we end up triggering out fight or flight response. No problem a few hundred or a few thousand years ago but a right nightmare in our over-crowded society. This is made even more difficult by the far too numerous jerks out there who are constantly looking to prove their masculinity through physical violence.

Worse, when you do not fight you end up feeling like a wimp - that you have given in to the other person. This is made worse if the other person is a modern day homo errectus tw*t. But the sensible thing, nearly always, is to chose flight over fight.

Walk away, forget about it or add him to your long, long list of people whom you will oneday kidnap, lock in a basement and torture. :D

I was walking through a park last week and a woman let her dog **** on the path and walked off, luckily I pre-empted this and filmed the offence (I didn't but she wasn't to know) and approach the lady and told her to clean it up or I was sending the non-existent video to the council... She panicked, begged me not to upload on social media and then begun to get aggressive and send her husband and her Son to beat me up, I laughed saying that I'd be getting my father to fight her army of men (my dads six foot under in a wooden box btw). Never rude I made sure the offending turd was removed and a couple of workmen came over to her defence. They couldn't understand it was this lady breaking the law and I was merely addressing this misdemeanour, so one of the men (big black man) tried to start a fight with me - not wanting to appear a wimp I told him (quite rudely) that I'd happily fight him if he could get his fat **se over to me I.e. he start it, knowing full well that I could leg it if he did, see no loss of face :D

I do sympathise Mr Pin and if that was me interviewing you then i'd have considered yourself sanctioned. I did work in a job centre as an interventionist until fortune called me up to Op Telic and in my six months there (dole office not Iraq) I sanctioned via the approval of the Decision Maker (yawn)...

That sounds great! I'm am a bit ashamed that I am not perfect! :blink: I'm glad I have tiny "MrPin" in my head. He stops me being an asr$ehole!