House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

Blokes And Compliments

I got a lovely email a few weeks ago. A mate of mine decided he was "very lucky to have me as a friend". Blokes don't give out compliments that easily, but I have known him for 15 years. :blink:

What does he want? :unsure:

Nothing, I think. He is Eeyore, and I am Tigger. He's been a fine friend! :wacko::wacko:

More concerning that I remember your threads! I should really get some outside time.

You can do my garden! That needs some machete and flame throwers! :blink:

This thought thread has been going through mind, because
I have been asked to recommend somebody I can't recommend! :blink:

Now I don't think the bloke is crap. It's just that I don't know his capabilities! :huh:

MrPin tells no lies! :blink:

You can do my garden! That needs some machete and flame throwers! :blink:

Deal. I took a machete to my garden at the weekend as the triffids had taken over. My hand swelled up so much that I had to do the dental floss trick to get my wedding ring off before it engulfed my finger :blink:

Don'r talk to me about "ring fingers". I lived in Brighton for 8 years! :o

I got a lovely email a few weeks ago. A mate of mine decided he was "very lucky to have me as a friend". Blokes don't give out compliments that easily, but I have known him for 15 years. :blink:

That's quite funny. I like that! When a bloke gives you a compliment, it is really meant!

You're the second person recently to post the same thread a few months apart. Who was the other one? Frank?

I like Frank, a bloke with a good head! :wacko:

You're the second person recently to post the same thread a few months apart. Who was the other one? Frank?

I thought it was Happy_renting and his avatar thief, unless of course Frank has also duplicated a thread and I don't remember.

Joking aside Mr Pin, it was lovely of your friend to send you a message like that, especially as a bloke that risks mockery for being so honest, so I hope you sent him a nice response, and were able to accept the compliment with grace!

Joking aside Mr Pin, it was lovely of your friend to send you a message like that, especially as a bloke that risks mockery for being so honest, so I hope you sent him a nice response, and were able to accept the compliment with grace!

He's just not like me, but we do share some interests. Cars and music mostly. He's rather an introvert, and :blink: I'm not! :blink:

I think I've read the other two and not posted in them, but as a typical INTJ (I think) I cocked up the one compliment from another straight bloke that I've had in the last ten years. A colleague of mine I'd not seen for a while; I walked in wearing a short sleeved shirt and said hi. He said hi back and said 'blimey Rich you look bigger than I remember, have you been lifting weights?'.

My reply- "yep".

No "yes I have, thanks for noticing!". Just a straight "yep".

twit.

I admire your terrible memory, MrPin.

Who said that? Was it me? :wacko:

I think I speak for the whole of HPC OT when I say how hugely lucky we are to have you as a fount of wisdom and pinnacle of taste.

I think I've read the other two and not posted in them, but as a typical INTJ (I think) I cocked up the one compliment from another straight bloke that I've had in the last ten years. A colleague of mine I'd not seen for a while; I walked in wearing a short sleeved shirt and said hi. He said hi back and said 'blimey Rich you look bigger than I remember, have you been lifting weights?'.

My reply- "yep".

No "yes I have, thanks for noticing!". Just a straight "yep".

twit.

At least you didn't respond with a "nope".